The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Just realised I compared prokaryotic DNA and eukaryotic DNA instead of DNA and RNA..... :frown:
Original post by Americandream
Just realised I compared prokaryotic DNA and eukaryotic DNA instead of DNA and RNA..... :frown:

Whoops!
What did you write?

-Anis
Original post by Epitype
Whoops!
What did you write?

-Anis

I said about DNA being associated with histones

DNA is linear not circular

DNA is in the form of chromosomes

I had just done a past paper which asked to compare prokaryotic and eukaryotic so I think I just had that in my head and barely read the question...its such a daft way to loose 3 marks!
I said about DNA being associated with histones

DNA is linear not circular

DNA is in the form of chromosomes

I had just done a past paper which asked to compare prokaryotic and eukaryotic so I think I just had that in my head and barely read the question...its such a daft way to loose 3 marks!

Unfortuately, you wouldn't get any marks for it.
What you could've written was;
- DNA is double Stranded
- DNA has Deoxyribose
- DNA has Thymine, instead of Uracil
(accept converse)
Original post by Epitype
- DNA is double Stranded
- DNA has Deoxyribose
(accept converse)

Wellllll obvs I know that lol I just misread the question
What did people put for what type of transport is used ?? It said like co transport and facilitated diffusion
Original post by Epitype
- DNA is double Stranded
- DNA has Deoxyribose
(accept converse)

I put that MRNA Doesn't have hydrogen bonds whereas DNA does, I'm sure that would get the marks too
Original post by Annaaa3457
What did people put for what type of transport is used ?? It said like co transport and facilitated diffusion

Was like simple diffusion facilitated and cotransport i thinj
Original post by lilyjacks
I put that MRNA Doesn't have hydrogen bonds whereas DNA does, I'm sure that would get the marks too

Yeah it would, as would the stuff about introns
can you guys post an official markscheme of what came up in this exam please.
Wellllll obvs I know that lol I just misread the question

Sorry!
What I said seemed to be a bit rude.

-Anis
(edited 7 years ago)
since paper 1 was basically all biological molecules and nucleic acids, you think paper 2 won't have them in it?
asked to find how youd make a 100cm3 (or sum) of 0.15 molar (or sumn) solution of watever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 453
if anyone has/sees/makes an unofficial mark scheme please pm me
What did you guys put down for the statistical test to see if there was a significant different between girls given 2 doses and girls given 3 doses of the vaccine?
I put Chi-squared, but apparently, it was T-Test.
Original post by Epitype
I put Chi-squared, but apparently, it was T-Test.

My teacher gave me a list of maths skill we a required to know for as and a2 and t-test, chi square, c.coeff are not for AS, we even asked our teacher (my class) and she said we deffo don't need to know this stuff for the paper this year....
Original post by james..michael
Also what was the answer to question which talked about why 100 mol dm-3 should be used? I think a student said it was the best way

The student suggested using 100 nmol dm-3 in human trials, but that gives the patients a 7% chance of cancer continuing to divide successfully whereas at 1000 nmol dm-3 none of the cancer cells can divide successfully by mitosis. I also put that it was no point using a solution with a high concentration than 1000 mol dm-3 as it would be a waste of money/resources to manufacture and distribute when a lower concentration has the exact same effect
Original post by chelseaoscar15
My teacher gave me a list of maths skill we a required to know for as and a2 and t-test, chi square, c.coeff are not for AS, we even asked our teacher (my class) and she said we deffo don't need to know this stuff for the paper this year....

We hadn't even been told anything about statistical tests! I didn't even know they came into biology, and wouldn't even know what a statistical test was if it wasn't for the fact I've done the sign test in psychology.
Original post by saulgreen
We hadn't even been told anything about statistical tests! I didn't even know they came into biology, and wouldn't even know what a statistical test was if it wasn't for the fact I've done the sign test in psychology.

So what did you put down? Sign test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending