The Student Room Group

recommended a trustworthy courier to me

as in the title:smile:
Basically i ve decided to sell my old laptop on ebay, but need a suggestion of which courier to use, normally i would try yodel but after seeing the documentary where they threw fragile labelled things onto vans i know its too much of a risk to use them for this, and hermes will just lose it.
Original post by claireestelle
as in the title:smile:
Basically i ve decided to sell my old laptop on ebay, but need a suggestion of which courier to use, normally i would try yodel but after seeing the documentary where they threw fragile labelled things onto vans i know its too much of a risk to use them for this, and hermes will just lose it.

I like using Click and Collect- They appear to be reliable, fast and postage is affordable :smile:
Original post by Ladybird78
I like using Click and Collect- They appear to be reliable, fast and postage is affordable :smile:

I ll look into that:smile:
Reply 3
Anyone other than:

Yodel
MyHermes
HDNL

Personally, I recommend DPD, as they're the nicest ones ever, and will arrange to pick up and deliver, unlike some, who just turn up
Original post by __0__
Anyone other than:

Yodel
MyHermes
HDNL

Personally, I recommend DPD, as they're the nicest ones ever, and will arrange to pick up and deliver, unlike some, who just turn up

I thought DPD only worked for business, if they do personal parcels that's brilliant news :smile:
Reply 5
I thought DPD only worked for business, if they do personal parcels that's brilliant news :smile:

You know what, it might be, I only ever deal with parcels from a business perspective (usually customer end). If they're not an option, then I'd say go with DHL.

If you want to cover yourself, mark it fragile using fragile tape, and slap one of these bad boys on it: http://www.packability.co.uk/Shockwatch-Impact-Indicators-Labels then tell the recipient that it's got a ShockWatch sticker, and ask them to verify it hasn't been activated before signing for the parcel
Original post by __0__
You know what, it might be, I only ever deal with parcels from a business perspective (usually customer end). If they're not an option, then I'd say go with DHL.

If you want to cover yourself, mark it fragile using fragile tape, and slap one of these bad boys on it: http://www.packability.co.uk/Shockwatch-Impact-Indicators-Labels then tell the recipient that it's got a ShockWatch sticker, and ask them to verify it hasn't been activated before signing for the parcel

I'll definetly mark it with tape but although it seems like a brilliant idea those labels are worth more than the item itself unfortunately.
Reply 7
I'll definetly mark it with tape but although it seems like a brilliant idea those labels are worth more than the item itself unfortunately.

Oops, didn't notice that they were multipacks, maybe contact that company and ask if you can sample/buy just one?
Reply 8
Yeah DPD is really good, my brother has sent my loads of stuff through them including an airer and a TV.

All came in perfect condition and fairly quickly :smile:
DPD i've found fine and ofc UPS, who i think are the best.

Quick Reply