The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Okdmd46
That blood brothers mrs johnstone was such a bad question, was gutted a narrow fellow didnt appear and i had to do foxes among the lambs and the badger which i hadnt even learnt, what even was that unseen about, so fcked up
so cross at that hedgehog FS
Original post by Chocochipsxx

Ino was brutal, had about 17 minutes on it lmao
Original post by Okdmd46
6 apparently but theres no way, judging on the time they give us

omg 6!?! I think I only got 4 written plus introduction and conclusion and I went slightly over the 45 minutes
Original post by T0ucan
Controlled Assessment - 25%
Unit 1 (study of prose) - 25%
Drama - 20%
Poetry anthology - 20%
Unseen Poem - 10%

Yea thats what i was thinking
Original post by Chocochipsxx

I liked hedgehogs before that exam, now not so much.
Original post by chemnerd4life
omg 6!?! I think I only got 4 written plus introduction and conclusion and I went slightly over the 45 minutes

Yep same as me lmao
Original post by ckeys
Yes totally feel ya!!! I wrote that mention of religion seemed out of place and was surprising lol.. but then i was like "on the otherhand the hedgehog embodies the omniscient God" what even.... 😂 SO glad its over tho! Now my next challenge : T6 maths... :frown:

ugh i have t6 too!!!! i hate hate hate surds lmao
Original post by Okdmd46
Yep same as me lmao

honestly, they give us some unrealistic targets for what we should be writing. Especially in that exam when in 45 minutes they expect us to chose a question, plan an answer, write the answer (including 6 points) and check over it
honestly, they give us some unrealistic targets for what we should be writing. Especially in that exam when in 45 minutes they expect us to chose a question, plan an answer, write the answer (including 6 points) and check over it

******** isnt it! You cant think properly becuase u be panicking to get it done in time
Original post by Okdmd46
******** isnt it! You cant think properly becuase u be panicking to get it done in time

I feel like I shouldn't be wasting time planning my answer and instead start my answer straight away and then I mess it up because I don't know what my next point will be or where a quote is, which wastes more time.
I feel like I shouldn't be wasting time planning my answer and instead start my answer straight away and then I mess it up because I don't know what my next point will be or where a quote is, which wastes more time.

So frustrated with them sour bastids but sure maybe it wasnt meant to be so i have to forget about it
Original post by Okdmd46
So frustrated with them sour bastids but sure maybe it wasnt meant to be so i have to forget about it

yeah exactly, just need to move on and focus on the other exams. There is nothing we can do about it now.
English language next week!!
yeah exactly, just need to move on and focus on the other exams. There is nothing we can do about it now.

Yep exactly, have u lang next week? Not looking forward to personal writing or multimodal
Original post by connormc199
English language next week!!

yes and T6 maths
Original post by Okdmd46
Yep exactly, have u lang next week? Not looking forward to personal writing or multimodal

yes I do, people always say they like English language because you don't really have to revise, but I'm the worlds most uncreative person so writing a 'story' about my boring life isn't so easy
yes I do, people always say they like English language because you don't really have to revise, but I'm the worlds most uncreative person so writing a 'story' about my boring life isn't so easy

Lmao exactly when its on something really cheesy that you would not want anyone else to see lmao! I dont mind unit 2 though it's not as bad
Original post by Okdmd46
Lmao exactly when its on something really cheesy that you would not want anyone else to see lmao! I dont mind unit 2 though it's not as bad

I know! Our mock inn January was about our dreams for the future.. like idek what I am gonna do tomorrow never mind in 10 years. Unit 2 isn't as bad but still not great :tongue:
I know! Our mock inn January was about our dreams for the future.. like idek what I am gonna do tomorrow never mind in 10 years. Unit 2 isn't as bad but still not great :tongue:

Yep! What do u think t6 will be like
Whats been everyones worst test so far? Mines was english lit today

Quick Reply

Latest