The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management 2016

How is everyone feeling about it? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RossRFC
How is everyone feeling about it? :biggrin:

Feeling quite nervous because there is so much to remember omg. I also suck at the case studies, however I can get really good full marks in section 2 which makes up for it.
Reply 2
Original post by ashleymacleod
Feeling quite nervous because there is so much to remember omg. I also suck at the case studies, however I can get really good full marks in section 2 which makes up for it.

Same no way I'm learning it all by Friday. Think I'm going to leave our ratios as I don't get them & they won't be worth a lot of marks hopefully
Original post by RossRFC
Same no way I'm learning it all by Friday. Think I'm going to leave our ratios as I don't get them & they won't be worth a lot of marks hopefully

The whole finance unit is awful. I also hate the management of people/HR unit because it seems like it just goes on forever.

Good thing with business is that if you're really stuck then you can sort of make things up and hope for the best. If I'm stuck I'll just say something about reacting to external factors lol.
The whole year i don't think I've actually learnt anything, my teacher just left us to it with the BrightRed textbook. I didn't study for the prelim and just passed. Anyone got an idea of what to revise and how?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want it over with. I've been studying it for weeks and I'm sickened with it to the point I can barely look at it. I hope the SQA give us a fair paper; I'm not asking for one that's easy but I just want a fair one. For example, it would be typical of the SQA to put a question about contract types in there or types of information, ones that never come up and ones that our teacher never really focused on.
Reply 6
How did everyone find it? What did everyone out for method of production batch or flow?
I said method of production was capital-intensive automation and everyone else did batch or flow uggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by stupidstudentsqa
I said method of production was capital-intensive automation and everyone else did batch or flow uggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I said too! One word in the case study just made me think that :/
yes! they went on about huge investments in mass machines or whatever so i just linked it to that. do you think we still got the marks? i'm pretty sure my comparisons were correct, just the method chosen is iffy
yes! they went on about huge investments in mass machines or whatever so i just linked it to that. do you think we still got the marks? i'm pretty sure my comparisons were correct, just the method chosen is iffy

Yeah they did.

I'm not sure tbh, it depends on the marking scheme because if you look at the previous ones sometimes they will be like 'only accept this answer' however, last years one has a part that says 'Consequential marks can be credited for discussing theadvantages and disadvantages of other methods ofproduction described in (a)(i)' on a similar question
dammit, i just hope there's follow through marks

I did that too!
Original post by kwar16
I did that too!

okay this is actually reassuring
how did you guys find the overall paper? i for one did not know what a social enterprise or competition policy was!
how did you guys find the overall paper? i for one did not know what a social enterprise or competition policy was!

yeah those were the worst questions for me! just completely made them up. said social enterprise was in the third sector?
Original post by kwar16
yeah those were the worst questions for me! just completely made them up. said social enterprise was in the third sector?

yeah i said it provides for the local economy and easier to raise finance from the government...i literally wrote the first crap that came to mind! And why were they so obsessed with technology in finance department!?!?!?
Aw that was a bad question, what did you put?
Reply 18

Is competition policy not just the impact competition has on a business?
Original post by RossRFC
Is competition policy not just the impact competition has on a business?

That's what I thought and answered accordingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply