The Student Room Group

Meet the Friends! Help!!!!!

Hi, My new girlfriend is having a bbq on Sunday and loads of her close friends are going to be there, and I'm bricking it so much and my mind has gone blank and ive forgotten every word I have ever known. I don't think i could think of things to say?

Any basic questions I should be asking when you first meet a stranger.
Nice to meet you... then what? Help me out guys. I want them to like me.
Original post by bennyboyben
Hi, My new girlfriend is having a bbq on Sunday and loads of her close friends are going to be there, and I'm bricking it so much and my mind has gone blank and ive forgotten every word I have ever known. I don't think i could think of things to say?

This is so cute. :colondollar:
Maybe ask them how their day went and go on to ask what they study/where they work. If they cooked something maybe compliment them?
Reply 2
Just be relaxed and be yourself, you already have a mutual connection, if all else fails talk about her! Plus, if your girlfriend has talked to them about you they'll probably already have a decent image of you.. i'd hope.. Anyway just don't sweat it too much and if you don't want to stand around looking awkward maybe offer to cook the barbecue so you have something to do
Obviously you know some words you have written this post 😋. Anyway you have time to brush up on the English language.
Now for the real advice!! Now I'm guessing that your girlfriend likes you and your personality and you like hers. Well since I am a girl I can say that the majority of my friends have some similar personality traits to me. So her friends will probably be slightly similar to her so It would be easy to have a conversation
I can also say that most girls don't actually care about what the guy is like just that he treats her right and you do care as you have posted something about it

- just listen to what they have to say and show you are interested by asking questions about what they have to say.
-
Original post by bennyboyben

talk a little about yourself but let them talk
if in a situation like this i let my outfit and my jewellery talk rather than me for the most part

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending