The Student Room Group

F321 27th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Would I get the mark for putting dumb-bell shaped instead of dumbbell shaped for the shape of a p orbital? I didn't realise it was one word
unnoficial mark scheme anyone? also prediction on grade boundaries, praying it won't be highr than 47 48, even thats high! ahh
I'll make a thread with the answers all in one post
Im so anxious in finding out the grade boundaries, do they want a range of results a-e? if so I'm sure nearly everyone has got above 48... does that mean like 48 would be like an E lol
In my defence I'm dyslexic but... I spelt Nucleus as Nucleas. Have I lost both marks?
Original post by PeacefulSniper
Im so anxious in finding out the grade boundaries, do they want a range of results a-e? if so I'm sure nearly everyone has got above 48... does that mean like 48 would be like an E lol

The average grade will be a C. Also, I feel like with this type of paper, it's easy to make silly mistakes (I know I did) so I doubt everyone has gotten above 48. Just hope OCR takes pity on us and an A in 46

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you think i will get the mark in the question asking you to put the dipoles on the molecule with florine if i put negative dipole on both florins whereas the paper that the alevel them guy uploaded only had the dipole on one florine? thanks :smile: also grae boundary predictions?
Original post by hkejkfuehn
do you think i will get the mark in the question asking you to put the dipoles on the molecule with florine if i put negative dipole on both florins whereas the paper that the alevel them guy uploaded only had the dipole on one florine? thanks :smile: also grae boundary predictions?

I think you won't get a mark if you only put one dipole. But since you put two, that is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UnknownAnon
I think you won't get a mark if you only put one dipole. But since you put two, that is correct.

seriously? because on the paper with the answers uploaded theres only one!
Posted from TSR Mobile

seriously? because on the paper with the answers uploaded theres only one!
Original post by hkejkfuehn
Yes because its essentially H2O (perm dipole-dipole).

Looks like I'm getting a C then...based on the unofficial markscheme, I reckon I got 43. Which is so annoying because on all the past papers I did, I was getting mid to high 50's.
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? Realistically
it can't be higher than 52/53 for an A can it?
52+ for an A is rediculous, that's 85%... Realistically you need to understand there where questions in this paper that could quite easily catch you out, and for a lot of people it did. Also, yes we are A2 students but we are retaking because, for the most part, we did poorly last year - there will still be a lot of students that do poorly this year too. I'm not saying they're going to be rock-bottom grade boundaries but they need to representative of all of us, and not just a student forum. I've said that imo the boundaries should be 49-50 for an A, but the boundaries should get closer together towards the B and C grades compared to usual. We'll just need to wait until results day to find out for certain, my guess is as good as yours.
For the question about what you would see in the reaction between ZnCO3 and HCl would you get the mark if you only put fizzing and didn't mention about the solid dissolving?
I got this too!
Original post by bethknott
1200 for volume of gas?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student.1997
For the question about what you would see in the reaction between ZnCO3 and HCl would you get the mark if you only put fizzing and didn't mention about the solid dissolving?

Really want to know this too, I just said effervescence....
Original post by BanterBus
52+ for an A is rediculous, that's 85%... Realistically you need to understand there where questions in this paper that could quite easily catch you out, and for a lot of people it did. Also, yes we are A2 students but we are retaking because, for the most part, we did poorly last year - there will still be a lot of students that do poorly this year too. I'm not saying they're going to be rock-bottom grade boundaries but they need to representative of all of us, and not just a student forum. I've said that imo the boundaries should be 49-50 for an A, but the boundaries should get closer together towards the B and C grades compared to usual. We'll just need to wait until results day to find out for certain, my guess is as good as yours.
How many raw marks do you expect for 100% UMS?
Original post by Rust Cohle
How many raw marks do you expect for 100% UMS?

58~, 100% ums is really something we wont know until results day. Good luck if you're aiming for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending