Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
hiooogoooh crap
oh crap
Reply 81
Predictions on grade boundary?
Original post by IntellectualBoss
For organic the definition of oxidation and reduction slightly varies, oxidation being either adding oxygen or removing hydrogen and reduction is adding hydrogen or removing oxygen. Plus an oxidising agent in one reaction isn't always an oxidising agent in another.

More often than not, Cr2O7 is an oxidising agent. Plus in this case Cr changed from 6+ to 3+. Therefore, it is the oxidising agent so it leaves C2O4 (2-) as the reducing agent
How many marks would you lose for not subtracting the volume of P to get the volume of Q?
I got for the mass spec 3 peaks 2 at 25% and one at 50% abundance?
Reply 85
Original post by rosemondtan
How many marks would you lose for not subtracting the volume of P to get the volume of Q?

Just 1
Original post by Kantth
Just 1

So if I had the rest of the working until I got 1337, and I just didn't do 1337-1330, I'd get 2/3 marks? :/
Reply 87
multiple choice ionisation question? apparently it was aluminium but I read quickly and put boron
Reply 88
Original post by SANTR
Predictions on grade boundary?

70% A
Original post by marc_ken
70% A

I got an A in the specimen and an A in Chem in 2015. I repeated it and did the new spec. and wtf..I did not get a single question right. What was that ****? This is ********. The relative atomic mass questions are supposed to be free marks. There is supposed to be enthalpy change. What was that?
Reply 90
70% A

Can't be below 80%.
Reply 91
For the mean titre were we only supposed to include the 2 concordat (within 0.1cm^3) results?
multiple choice ionisation question? apparently it was aluminium but I read quickly and put boron

ye aluminium cuz 8 electrons were removed and boron only has 5. I put boron then crossed it out straight away when i clocked.
Original post by SANTR
Can't be below 80%.

Why can't it be below 80%?
Reply 94
Original post by IntellectualBoss
ye aluminium cuz 8 electrons were removed and boron only has 5. I put boron then crossed it out straight away when i clocked.

that's so sneaky though
Reply 95
Original post by FrooshGuitar
Why can't it be below 80%?

Roughly the same proportion of students have to get an A every year. Considering that last years paper was vey straight forward this years grade boundaries will be lower. On top of that it's a new spec and grade boundaries have to be lower as we are the first year so have very few resources (past papers) to rely on.
that's so sneaky though

yup aluminium!
Original post by CalumW
For the mean titre were we only supposed to include the 2 concordat (within 0.1cm^3) results?

I included all haha
Reply 98
Original post by Kantth
Roughly the same proportion of students have to get an A every year. Considering that last years paper was vey straight forward this years grade boundaries will be lower. On top of that it's a new spec and grade boundaries have to be lower as we are the first year so have very few resources (past papers) to rely on.

That's very true but all the papers in the last decade have not been of the same difficulty.
Some have been harder than others yet the grade boundaries have remained the same, at 80%?
Reply 99
Original post by SANTR
That's very true but all the papers in the last decade have not been of the same difficulty.
Some have been harder than others yet the grade boundaries have remained the same, at 80%?

I guess that might be the case but this year we have a new spec and also you have to take into account the 6 mark levelled response question which is also new and will result in many marks being lost if not answered correctly.

Quick Reply