The Student Room Group

Do you start at the front or the back?

I'm not sure whether to start my calculator GCSE maths exam at the back or the front. If I start with the easiest questions I worry I might lose concentration by the time I get to the hard questions at the end. But I also don't want to wear myself out by doing the hardest stuff first... Anyone who got a good grade in GCSE Maths or on their mock willing to advise? :smile:
Reply 1
Just do it in order like a normal human being :yep:
Original post by Alexion
Just do it in order like a normal human being :yep:

^^
Reply 3
Original post by greenmang0
I'm not sure whether to start my calculator GCSE maths exam at the back or the front. If I start with the easiest questions I worry I might lose concentration by the time I get to the hard questions at the end. But I also don't want to wear myself out by doing the hardest stuff first... Anyone who got a good grade in GCSE Maths or on their mock willing to advise? :smile:

I personally start at the front (I got an A in my mock) because going straight in with the harder questions puts me off, and the ones at the beginning tend to be easy marks, but that's just personal preference. If you think you'll concentration, start at the back but save any questions you can't do until later, so you'll hopefully gain as many marks as possible. Hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by LN1234
I personally start at the front (I got an A in my mock) because going straight in with the harder questions puts me off, and the ones at the beginning tend to be easy marks, but that's just personal preference. If you think you'll concentration, start at the back but save any questions you can't do until later, so you'll hopefully gain as many marks as possible. Hope this helps

Well the back question on my exam was the shoe polish one, which I knew how to do, so that gave me a sense of accomplishment to do near the start of my exam. But I spent ages on it (possibly 15 minutes? I had 25% extra time, but still) and may have sabotaged my marks on easier questions a bit in the process. :s-smilie:
I always start at the back :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely the front - the questions at the beginning ease you into the paper and get you into 'maths mode'. It is put in order for a reason :lol:
Reply 7
Hmmm I've decided I will start at the front, but I'll have a proper look through the whole paper before I start so I know what is approaching. :biggrin: I have a tendency to kinda dive in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending