The Student Room Group

What are some subjects you're happy never have to do again?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Dropping maths for A2. Ridiculous amount of time being spent and had enough already. I do not recommend taking it along with two or more science subjects.
Original post by FJ13
I see everyone complain about enzymes however for me that was one of the only easy things on my biology course

It's one of the (many) things in science that does not sink into my head! Ah well nearly over :smile: tbh I found the entire course, for all the sciences hard!
Original post by oni176
Dropping maths for A2. Ridiculous amount of time being spent and had enough already. I do not recommend taking it along with two or more science subjects.

I chose maths/chemistry/physics ! Any advice
finally finished literature today, i am over the moon that i get to spend all half term now focusing on my favs - history and geography :-)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 144
Original post by _Xenon_
I chose maths/chemistry/physics ! Any advice

It's good that all of the subjects that you selected are associated with mathematics. My advice would be to write notes after each lesson and go over your work over the weekends, recap everything you have learnt at least once a week so that you don't forget it for the exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by georginarowley
It's one of the (many) things in science that does not sink into my head! Ah well nearly over :smile: tbh I found the entire course, for all the sciences hard!

so glad to never have to do biology again
Music GCSE. It's absolutely awful, we're with Edexcel and the course has to be the worst of all of my GCSEs. It's not that I don't like music theory or anything, it's that the course has almost no actual theory - it's memorizing facts about pieces of music :frown:

Every year for the second section of the exam there is a question that just asks you to remember the date in which a song was composed, and the rest of the exam is 90% regurgitating a bunch of different Italian words for each of the 12 set works we had to learn about - all whilst not actually teaching us anything really related to music - it's like if you studied science and they didn't actually teach you how anything works, instead you just had to memorize the definitions of a bunch of scientific words.
Original post by oni176
It's good that all of the subjects that you selected are associated with mathematics. My advice would be to write notes after each lesson and go over your work over the weekends, recap everything you have learnt at least once a week so that you don't forget it for the exams.

Thanks man that's good advice, cheers.
Original post by FJ13
so glad to never have to do biology again

I've still got all my science exams after half term :frown: and unit 2 and 3 for each science are on the same day. I am so screwed lol
P.E.

Used to pretend to be on my period, have an injury or forget my kit so I wouldn't have to do it :colonhash:
Original post by georginarowley
I've still got all my science exams after half term :frown: and unit 2 and 3 for each science are on the same day. I am so screwed lol

THERE IS STILL TIME!!
Don't worry!! :biggrin:
:biggrin: English, I like reading I just don't like the curriculum. But unfortunately for someone like me who enjoys studying history/politics/other arts subjects, next year will be worse, I have to study national 5 maths in my final year along with my advanced highers and highers. :frown:
English language and literature, Geography, Biology and Chemistry.
Reply 153
I won't ever have to do maths again that's if I get a C in maths though and I want have to do french again!! I never needed that subject.
Spanish and Art definitely... pretty Happy to not have to do English Literature either...
i havent finshed any of the exams i wish were over still have calculator paper for maths and B2 C2 P2 which i know im going to addtonal science
English Literature and English Language, RS, Biology.

Spoiler

So glad English Literature, now for English Language and I will be happy :smile:
English.
Reply 159

Quick Reply

Latest