The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by (bryn)
that was a lot harder than i was anticipating lol

i'm still confident i got an A, it's just that some of the questions were a bit vague
what did you guys put for the dog grooming question where you're asked why the total is still the same even after a new number is introduced to the array?

i wrote that they hadn't extended their loop (i had to assume they used a fixed loop, that was the only explanation, although i can not fathom why anyone would use a fixed loop in that situation) and they just had not extended their loop to compensate for the extra variable.

that's what I thought when I seen it too but there was indication that they did use a loop!!!

that question really confused me no matter how many times I read the code I couldn't see any error at all.

I said that the program was not designed to handle more than 5 inputs and then for the next part I said that she should declare the extra input at the beginning. Basically I have no idea hahahha
Original post by Lewis H01
How did everyone find it?

For the calculation of the photo did anyone get 36.05MB

I got that too! Thank god I have got something right
Reply 162

I got 61.52KB
Reply 163
I put they encountered a logic error for the dog question
Reply 164
I thought it was all right

Yes
Original post by (bryn)
that was a lot harder than i was anticipating lol

i'm still confident i got an A, it's just that some of the questions were a bit vague
what did you guys put for the dog grooming question where you're asked why the total is still the same even after a new number is introduced to the array?

i wrote that they hadn't extended their loop (i had to assume they used a fixed loop, that was the only explanation, although i can not fathom why anyone would use a fixed loop in that situation) and they just had not extended their loop to compensate for the extra variable.

Bombed that question. Got no clue.
Reply 167
Original post by jj1814
I got 61.52KB

It was 5*7*600*600 = 12600000pixels
12600000*24 = 302400000 bits
302400000/8 = 37800000 bytes
37800000/1024 = 36914.0625 KB
36914.0625/1024 = 36.05 MB (rounded to 2 d.p)

I'm 100% sure that's the answers

It is. I rounded it to the nearest whole (36MB).

Yupp that's what I got too
Reply 170
Original post by A+Hunter
It is. I rounded it to the nearest whole (36MB).

Yeah :smile: did people get for the translator question in section A, it was compiler first then interpreter, and get peer-to-peer network for the other question where it said which networks doesn't have centralised storage?
For the flowchart question asking what the expected result would be, for the bottom row in the table was anyone else confused because it was clear that the booking would not be accepted however it didn't say anywhere that they would receive a message telling them that the booking was declined like it did if it was accepted. What did you all put?
Yeah :smile: did people get for the translator question in section A, it was compiler first then interpreter, and get peer-to-peer network for the other question where it said which networks doesn't have centralised storage?

Yes yes yes :smile:

I was gonna write compiler twice, But thank god I never did :biggrin:

I put both of those too

For the translator question I put interpreter and then compiler :/ I got peer-to-peer for the other question
Reply 175

I put interpreter twice, it was the only one I could think of :colondollar: I knew one would be right!
Reply 176

Original post by alx2000
I put both of those too

Yes :smile: sorry if I'm asking so many question but I just really need this A...:P

Did anyone get like string for an answer in section A and flat file as like the data operation?
In section B did people get pre-defined functions as ananswer and mantissa and exponent?
Original post by jj1814
I put interpreter twice, it was the only one I could think of :colondollar: I knew one would be right!

Lol fairplay.

Yes :smile: sorry if I'm asking so many question but I just really need this A...:P

Did anyone get like string for an answer in section A and flat file as like the data operation?
In section B did people get pre-defined functions as ananswer and mantissa and exponent?

Yes got string at some point.
I can't remmeber what was the pre defined function, But for one of the questions I did write mantissa and exponent.
Original post by jj1814

That's actually pretty smart, 1 mark is better than none

I never got pre defined function for an answer but I do remember a question asking you to identify one of the pre defined functions used and why it was used if that's what your meaning? For that question I put a the randnum function and I put that you used it because it was pre tested and free of errors?

I got mantissa and exponent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending