The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by alx2000
I never got pre defined function for an answer but I do remember a question asking you to identify one of the pre defined functions used and why it was used if that's what your meaning? For that question I put a the randnum function and I put that you used it because it was pre tested and free of errors?

I got mantissa and exponent.

I got input validation for algorithm and see for second last question in section b it was like syntax error, does anyone remember what they put for last question ?
I found that exam so difficult.
For the questions about grooming the dog, what type of error did you put ?
What does register is a processor do ? I wrote keeps data temporarily, is that right?

What is a firewall ?
Yeah, I put the RND function too, but I don't think my explanation was any good! I'm normally okay with this subject but I opened the paper today and died a little inside.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and what the hell is concatenation? I thought it was completely different language
Original post by Lewis H01
I got input validation for algorithm and see for second last question in section b it was like syntax error, does anyone remember what they put for last question ?

I got input validation too but for the error I did get syntax then I changed it to execution ahhh
Original post by pandasaurus rex
Yeah, I put the RND function too, but I don't think my explanation was any good! I'm normally okay with this subject but I opened the paper today and died a little inside.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I 100% agree. I got an A in my prelim but I just want to pass now, hhaha
Reply 187
I put it displayed the cost
Original post by Ethan100
For the questions about grooming the dog, what type of error did you put ?
What does register is a processor do ? I wrote keeps data temporarily, is that right?

What is a firewall ?

for the firewall I said it blocks certain IP addresses which the user doesn't want to be accessed on their computer. Do you think that's any good?
Original post by alx2000
for the firewall I said it blocks certain IP addresses which the user doesn't want to be accessed on their computer. Do you think that's any good?

Well its better than what I put, Ill tell you that :P

SQA have been experimenting way to much with exams :
I think Concatenation is when you use the '&' operator to connect things, but I'm not sure. I was more worried about the navigation question, which was actually in a different language!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will the pass mark stay at 50%? Or will it change depending on the exam results?
I think Concatenation is when you use the '&' operator to connect things, but I'm not sure. I was more worried about the navigation question, which was actually in a different language!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you write for the early navigation question ?
What do you think will happen to the grade boundaries ? Increase/Decrease/Stay the same ?
I don't even know, I wrote something about inconsistent design and the lack of readable English, I'm just glad it was only worth 2 marks. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What type of error was the grooming the dog question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahah that's exactly what I thought I said that the navigation bar couldn't be understood and so they should have been given a name which gave the user an indication as to what the page was about. Then for the second one I said that there was no need for the backward and forward buttons when all of the page number buttons were present. That was another very confusing question I thought.
Reply 197
Original post by Ethan100
Oh and what the hell is concatenation? I thought it was completely different language

I mucked that question, but for firewall I wrote it prevents the program from viruses
Reply 198
Any ine think exams have been really weird this year
Reply 199
I don't even know, I wrote something about inconsistent design and the lack of readable English, I'm just glad it was only worth 2 marks. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote there weren't spread out navigations and you couldn't change language or something like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending