The Student Room Group

Mature Students 2016 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm 31 a mother of three and just found out I have an unconditional offer for Durham University (queens campus) in Stockton for BA Education with Foundation so I am over the moon!!

The lady at the admissions office thought I was 22 so this made my day too haha.

Good luck everyone- new adventures await us all :smile:
Original post by ClarabellaH1984
I'm 31 a mother of three and just found out I have an unconditional offer for Durham University (queens campus) in Stockton for BA Education with Foundation so I am over the moon!!

The lady at the admissions office thought I was 22 so this made my day too haha.

Good luck everyone- new adventures await us all :smile:

Congratulations! I'm exactly the same age as you, and can't wait to get started. Have you had to split your time between studying, working and looking after three kids?
Reply 242
I was a bit late applying, I guess I had an epiphany a couple months ago that I really wanted to go to uni this year.

What are you currently studying/have studied: I have a B in History A Level, a D in Classical Civilisations and a few AS grades.
Which universities are you applying to: Durham (still waiting), Goldsmiths (still waiting), Sheffield (got an interview later this month), Derby and Keele (offers from both).
Which course(s) do you want to do: History with a Foundation year.
Any other info you feel like sharing: I've just turned 21. Tryna find someone else looking to do the same course as me.
What are you currently studying/have studied: Currently full time student of HND Administration and IT

Which universities have you applied: Rejected from Heriot-Watt and Uni of Edinburgh, but currently holding a firm offer for Edinburgh Napier (3rd year entry) and unconditional offer for Queen Margaret (1st year entry). These are for full time study, but considering reverting to part time either at Napier or the OU, as I'd like to start working full time again ASAP.

Which course(s) do you want to do: Business Management (top up degree)

Any other info you feel like sharing: Well, I'm 24, been in and out of various employment and education, forever wondering what I want to do with my life. I still don't know 100%, but I think I'll follow the business administration path for now. I don't enjoy the student lifestyle much and I miss having money, which is why I'm considering the challenge of working and studying. Good luck to me, ha!
(edited 8 years ago)
Any mature students going to Keele?
What are you currently studying/have studied: Access to HE humanities

Which universities are you applying to: Leicester, Warwick, Notts, UCL, Brookes

Which course(s) do you want to do: History

Any other info you feel like sharing: Am 34, going for a total career change. Been in the fitness industry for 15 years 😳 Time to get out though. Had four conditional offers and have picked Leicester as firm choice, History with American studies. Just need 9 more distinctions......
What are you currently studying/have studied: Access to social science
Which universities are you applying to: Middlesex uni confirmed place
Which course(s) do you want to do: social work
Any other info you feel like sharing: will be 23 when starting uni, looking forward to meeting other mature students
What are you currently studying/have studied: Access to university science route
Which universities are you applying to: Queens & Magee
Which course(s) do you want to do: Nursing
Any other info you feel like sharing: Have received an offer from magee :smile: delighted. But the wait for Queens is killing me lol even though I doubt ive much hope. And I will be 28 when I start.
I'm less than a week away from completing my Access to HE course! (Teacher Training pathway) at Barton Peveril College in Eastleigh.

Childhood, Youth and Community Studies is my FIRM at Winchester Uni

I'm 26, married and a mother of two littles aged 7 & 4!
Is anyone here starting the university of Leeds in September and living in uni accommodation? I feel like the only mature student that is doing so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 250
Anyone going to UCLan this year and looking for a houseshare? I'm looking for someone to take over my contract - it's a bellvue house! :smile:
I have registered for BSc Business Administration through the international program of University of London. Working fulltime. Anyone else will be doing distance learning? Good luck everyone! :banana2:
Excited to say i somehow got an unconditional offer for the Early Modern History taught MA at York. Not quite sure how lol. I will be going part time as have 3 small ones and I am currently a stay at home mum. Youngest gets his nursery hours in sept so hoping it'll work out. Good luck everyone.
Original post by aimlou83
Excited to say i somehow got an unconditional offer for the Early Modern History taught MA at York. Not quite sure how lol. I will be going part time as have 3 small ones and I am currently a stay at home mum. Youngest gets his nursery hours in sept so hoping it'll work out. Good luck everyone.

Woo. Congratulations :five:
Reply 254
Hello

Anyone going to University of Southampton for MSc in sustainable energy technologies?
Going to be studying Computer Science for the first time in September, pretty psyched to be honest!

I applied at Leeds, Manchester, Durham, Hull and Lancashire. After visiting them and attending interviews I got two unconditional offers, but decided to go with Hull... Just felt right, if a uni can feel right?
Anyone else going to herts?
27, excited and biomedical science here 😆.Would love to know what other mature students are doing about accom.
I failed the OH for my first choice of course so this has been more than a little hurried! But I'm weirdly more excited to be doing biomedical than I was about my first choice, more competition for jobs but its what I would love to study.

Current access student and had offers from ARU, leeds, surrey and my local college.
Original post by accesslyblonde
Anyone else going to herts?
27, excited and biomedical science here 😆.Would love to know what other mature students are doing about accom.
I failed the OH for my first choice of course so this has been more than a little hurried! But I'm weirdly more excited to be doing biomedical than I was about my first choice, more competition for jobs but its what I would love to study.

Current access student and had offers from ARU, leeds, surrey and my local college.

I'm 27, firmed Leeds for children's nursing and will be staying in accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I am a matur student of 24 years of age, currently in my first year studying part time with the open uni, but looking to study full time at a university, looking at Oxford Brooke's

Has anyone got any advice or experience as a mature student?

Feeling pretty old already!!

Thanks

Chris
Don't remember if I posted in this one, but I'm 30 and hopefully I will be in Portsmouth studying BSc Geological Hazards!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending