The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

I wrote something about it controlling what entered your computer, but I may have gotten it confused with biology. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like you guys are gonna get a good exam next year cause higher was awful, some really tough questions in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lewis H01
I got input validation for algorithm and see for second last question in section b it was like syntax error, does anyone remember what they put for last question ?

I got input validation and syntax error as well.

Original post by pandasaurus rex
Yeah, I put the RND function too, but I don't think my explanation was any good! I'm normally okay with this subject but I opened the paper today and died a little inside.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is RND function called the round function? If so then that's what I put.

Original post by Ethan100
Oh and what the hell is concatenation? I thought it was completely different language

I wrote it allows currency to be displayed with the values. Was a bit confused.

What did people get in section A about the user one. They said in the question it was a novice user or something
Reply 203
Well its better than what I put, Ill tell you that :P

SQA have been experimenting way to much with exams :

Same chem had no acid base calculation
I don't even know, I wrote something about inconsistent design and the lack of readable English, I'm just glad it was only worth 2 marks. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote there weren't spread out navigations and you couldn't change language or something like that?

I wrote there was no backpage/forward page button. Then something about a search bar. It asked for "Navigation".
Reply 205
What did people get for the field type guess?

And what did people get for interface question, it said whats this type of interface?.
What did you guys put for the 2 ways to commit the computer misuse act or something like that ?? It was near the end of the paper

Oh WHY do they write {DO NOT WRITE HERE] page in the middle of the paper ? I nearly missed out like all of the questions
I know, we walked past the higher exam room and someone had just written f*** this s*** in all caps across the front of their paper :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else notice that the very last question on a method of readability gave you the answer to the question at the beginning asking why readability was important? That made me so happy!!
What did people get for the field type guess?

And what did people get for interface question, it said whats this type of interface?.

String.

I wrote display for that lol. Had no clue what I was doing.
Reply 210
Original post by A+Hunter
I got input validation and syntax error as well.

Is RND function called the round function? If so then that's what I put.

I wrote it allows currency to be displayed with the values. Was a bit confused.

What did people get in section A about the user one. They said in the question it was a novice user or something

I put output but I guess you could of put like input as well?.
What did you write for the questions that was asking why wasn't the app working on the internet or the other way round... I don't remember the wording..
What did you guys put for the 2 ways to commit the computer misuse act or something like that ?? It was near the end of the paper

Oh WHY do they write {DO NOT WRITE HERE] page in the middle of the paper ? I nearly missed out like all of the questions

I wrote something about unauthorised access and then viruses

Original post by alx2000
Anyone else notice that the very last question on a method of readability gave you the answer to the question at the beginning asking why readability was important? That made me so happy!!

Yeah SQA are stupid af
I know, but it was so vague I panicked a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, we walked past the higher exam room and someone had just written f*** this s*** in all caps across the front of their paper :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really ??!?? Jeeez :O

Output for what the user one?

What did you write for the questions that was asking why wasn't the app working on the internet or the other way round... I don't remember the wording..

Different Operating system

Didn't have enough data to run it i.e required 32GB, But only had 16GB
Reply 216

I just wrote modular
oH AND What is relative addressing ? I was never taught that... What did you put for that question ?
Reply 218
Did People get communications act for the act?

And for computer miscue act I wrote distributing viruses?

I didn't really understand about the pre-defined function,where it name a type of pre-defined function and describe it's function (I wrote text tool)
Original post by alx2000
I said advanced for the other type of user, total guess

Was one of the answers what you taught me yesterday ?

I saw an Array with Money in it. It had decimal points so I wrote An Array of reals as the answer. Does that ring any bells ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending