The Student Room Group

When will religious people become a minority?

Scroll to see replies

@John55 lism...laughing inside myself...

lism.
Original post by John55
69... might be a bit muffled.

More like gurgled.

Spoiler

The most retarded thread I've seen, many educated people with phD's in sciences etc are religious, no matter how much you know or don't know there will always be religious people, just like atheist people. Whether either becomes a minority? Near to impossible, Why ? some religions are couple thousand years old and still hear today, give a millennium or when the world ends and you might have your minority (tbf probably majority would believe if faced the end of the world)
Original post by Ladymusiclover
You can't prove or disapprove God exists. I don't see why we can't let people live their lives as they choose.

But there is no evidence for God! What else do you believe in that has no evidence for its existence???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Mike1221
The most retarded thread I've seen, many educated people with phD's in sciences etc are religious, no matter how much you know or don't know there will always be religious people, just like atheist people. Whether either becomes a minority? Near to impossible, Why ? some religions are couple thousand years old and still hear today, give a millennium or when the world ends and you might have your minority (tbf probably majority would believe if faced the end of the world)

Upbringing? Weak? Many people find comfort in God in difficult times. Just because you have a PhD doesn't mean you can't be scared of the world, of not knowing what happens after you die, and believing in God and heaven is comforting.
Original post by davidguettafan
But there is no evidence for God! What else do you believe in that has no evidence for its existence???

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean no scientific evidence. Let people believe what they want. It's their life to live not yours or mine. Why do you care how people choose to live their lives?
Reply 66
You mean no scientific evidence. Let people believe what they want. It's their life to live not yours or mine. Why do you care how people choose to live their lives?

Why is religion special? There are so many things that we don't let people believe what they want, that we question what they believe.

And with religion it's because they pass it on to their kids. They never stand a chance.
Original post by inhuman
Why is religion special? There are so many things that we don't let people believe what they want, that we question what they believe.

And with religion it's because they pass it on to their kids. They never stand a chance.

I guess since the main factor is you can't necessarily disapprove or prove God or Gods exists. Also this country along with many other Western civilisations were built with Christianity as it's foundation. So it'll be hypocritical to not let people believe what they want. Thing is with religion it's more complex than whether is it right or is it wrong. It's more than just beliefs, it's a way of life. If people want to be secular or irreligious that is absolutely fine but that should mean people should be able to live religious lives.
Reply 68
I guess since the main factor is you can't necessarily disapprove or prove God or Gods exists. Also this country along with many other Western civilisations were built with Christianity as it's foundation. So it'll be hypocritical to not let people believe what they want. Thing is with religion it's more complex than whether is it right or is it wrong. It's more than just beliefs, it's a way of life. If people want to be secular or irreligious that is absolutely fine but that should mean people should be able to live religious lives.

I disagree, ultimately this world will be free of religion, and imo the sooner the better.
Original post by inhuman
I disagree, ultimately this world will be free of religion, and imo the sooner the better.

Whatever floats your boat.:h:
I see where you're coming from, but what if God is real. Many people would assume God isn't real, because 'he' let bad things happen in the world like holocaust etc. But from my perspective it more like likely shows people humans would rather God didn't exist, just think about it.
Original post by inhuman
Upbringing? Weak? Many people find comfort in God in difficult times. Just because you have a PhD doesn't mean you can't be scared of the world, of not knowing what happens after you die, and believing in God and heaven is comforting.
Reply 71
Original post by Mike1221
I see where you're coming from, but what if God is real. Many people would assume God isn't real, because 'he' let bad things happen in the world like holocaust etc. But from my perspective it more like likely shows people humans would rather God didn't exist, just think about it.

Sorry I can't figure out what you mean.
Aren't the religious a minority in the UK? Forgive of my ignorance and correct me if I'm wrong :redface:

When I mean the religious, I don't mean people who sorta believe in a higher power and visit a religious home or building a once per week like Sunday to feel "Godly" and condemn people for not going. I mean people who hold to their religious beliefs, incorporate in their lives daily and live a restricted lifestyle. I believe religious people like that in the Western society are very rare.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
soon hopefully
Original post by inhuman

You're an incredibly small minded person.
Reply 75
Original post by #JOSH45#
You're an incredibly small minded person.

Ah, Josh again.

How boring.

Quick Reply