The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Guys I'm really confused cause for the last question I got 185cm2 but the answer is 188cm2? Like wtf lol? Can anyone explain, cause I did cosine rule to get 'a' then used sin rule, and Pythagoras and area of triangle (1/2 bxh) and (1/2abSinC) then added them all up, plus I stored everything on my calculator, so I didn't round anything too early

Do you think they will accept 185? If not how many marks do you reckon I'd get out of 6 cause I did everything everyone else did lol
I'm just curious about how you implemented the sin rule? I did what you did with 1/2absinc, cos rule and Pythagoras, but I didn't use the sin rule at all.
Original post by sivthasan
I'm just curious about how you implemented the sin rule? I did what you did with 1/2absinc, cos rule and Pythagoras, but I didn't use the sin rule at all.

I think I used sine rule to get 'SinC' in 1/2abSinC?

Dude I just realised my mistake...
True I didn't need to use sine rule, but that's not relevant...
For some reason in the exam, I thought 13/2 = 7.5; when really it's 6.5

So from there my answer started going wrong.,.but there's still method marks for ecf so I will probably lose M1A1 but should hopefully get the rest, cause the rest of the working is otherwise right!
Reply 324
What did you have to do in the sphere question (working outs) ??
Reply 325
Can anyone remember the measurements of the last q for the shape?
Original post by Dazza12
Can anyone remember the measurements of the last q for the shape?

Yeah the bottom line was 13 cm and the two lines on the left/right were 8cm and 12cm. The size of the angle between those two lines was 105.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327
Oh my gosh. It was too HArd i dont know why but for the last question i got something like 190 cm2 i think i have round off some values. WIll they give the full marks or half it?
Just please if u can predict the boundaries will fall into .
Original post by Sheshan
Oh my gosh. It was too HArd i dont know why but for the last question i got something like 190 cm2 i think i have round off some values. WIll they give the full marks or half it?
Just please if u can predict the boundaries will fall into .

You'll lose a mark or two I'm afraid depending on how many marks it was worth.

I feel the grade C and B boundary might be higher but the A/A* should drop a few marks...
Last year's June 3H was way harder than this one in my opinion.
Last year's June 3H was way harder than this one in my opinion.

Trueeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 19/81 for the probability, 188 for the area of the pentagon and so did my mates... What were your answers?
is there an unofficial mark scheme for 3H?
Original post by exams2
is there an unofficial mark scheme for 3H?

Yep see my thread.
you you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be similar to january or more like last years paper ?
Original post by salty670
you you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be similar to january or more like last years paper ?

Higher i think
yeah i reckon it will be around 80-83 for an A* but all depends on 4h really
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2epylh_Q18ib200OEFkYTFvaUk/view

Found this earlier today it's the model answer for the paper question by question xx
Original post by fashionlover511

Found this earlier today it's the model answer for the paper question by question xx

Legend thanks
Original post by aaljhfgahsj
Guys I'm really confused cause for the last question I got 185cm2 but the answer is 188cm2? Like wtf lol? Can anyone explain, cause I did cosine rule to get 'a' then used sin rule, and Pythagoras and area of triangle (1/2 bxh) and (1/2abSinC) then added them all up, plus I stored everything on my calculator, so I didn't round anything too early

Do you think they will accept 185? If not how many marks do you reckon I'd get out of 6 cause I did everything everyone else did lol

Hey, I managed to get a hold of the model answers for this paper, i think i did alright, anyway here it is, hope this helps:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending