The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Omg i just remembered that i didnt answer the part of the question in inspector calls that said, whos reaction was the most surprising to you. Do you think i can still get an A?? I filled the whole booklet and gave about 6 points from the extract and 2 other scenes and a conclusion.
Original post by Okdmd46
Whats been everyones worst test so far? Mines was english lit today

Maths T4, Spanish of English Lit Unit 2 ...I honestly didn't understand half the Spanish paper I was just guessing my way through it hoping to get lucky
Original post by Okdmd46
Yep! What do u think t6 will be like

hopefully better than T4 but I'm optimistic. I did pretty bad (compared to my usual standard) in my last mocks but got almost full marks in T6 which pulled my mark up, so hopefully the same will happen this time.
Lit today, went in with 45 mins worth of revision and to my luck, the Mrs Johnstone and Ozymandias appeared, literally 2 of the 4 things I learned. Feeling lucky. Still kicking myself about T4 however, really thought I was gonna grab that A*, i'll settle for a good T6 paper and a decent A, hey - i'd take anything that's a pass haha. But still, put so much effort into revision and froze up in the exam, doubt it'll be one of those "think he did bad and got an A*" i'm not really one of those people and rarely say things went bad, but yesterday just wasn't hopeful. Oh well, only exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jackcoys
Lit today, went in with 45 mins worth of revision and to my luck, the Mrs Johnstone and Ozymandias appeared, literally 2 of the 4 things I learned. Feeling lucky. Still kicking myself about T4 however, really thought I was gonna grab that A*, i'll settle for a good T6 paper and a decent A, hey - i'd take anything that's a pass haha. But still, put so much effort into revision and froze up in the exam, doubt it'll be one of those "think he did bad and got an A*" i'm not really one of those people and rarely say things went bad, but yesterday just wasn't hopeful. Oh well, only exams.

How did you think poetry went today? Also gutted about t4, gonna really really try hard for t6 just hope I haven't lost that A*

I wasnt a fan of the mrs j question to be honest, was hoping for something more like weak or sympathy
Just a few quick questions about the poetry anthology question in general because we hardly did any work on it is class. Firstly, is it possible to chose the wrong poem to compare the set poem with, is there one in particular the examiner wants you to pick and will you lose marks if you pick the 'wrong' poem. Secondly, when comparing them should you talk a lot about the structure, rhythm, tone etc of the poem or just mention it briefly and have the bulk of you essay looking at images and language etc. Our teacher literally didn't go over anything, we just analysed a poem and then just left it. We wernt actually taught what we should be comparing. I know the exam is over, but just want to see if what I did was sorta okay :smile:
Original post by chemnerd4life
Just a few quick questions about the poetry anthology question in general because we hardly did any work on it is class. Firstly, is it possible to chose the wrong poem to compare the set poem with, is there one in particular the examiner wants you to pick and will you lose marks if you pick the 'wrong' poem. Secondly, when comparing them should you talk a lot about the structure, rhythm, tone etc of the poem or just mention it briefly and have the bulk of you essay looking at images and language etc. Our teacher literally didn't go over anything, we just analysed a poem and then just left it. We wernt actually taught what we should be comparing. I know the exam is over, but just want to see if what I did was sorta okay :smile:

Ive been talking to people who done the badger with a narrow fellow in the grass even though the question was on mans cruelty
Original post by Okdmd46
Ive been talking to people who done the badger with a narrow fellow in the grass even though the question was on mans cruelty

can you lose marks? I only realised about half way through so didn't have time to change it.
can you lose marks? I only realised about half way through so didn't have time to change it.

Its cceas fault for confining us to choosing the one poem that it already came up with before, tbh it baffles me why they done it but, i would say some but it depends how well you answerred the question and compared
They really like u using the words in bold i.e. mans cruelty. So if it isn't in relation to the question I'm afraid the answer is yes and you will lose some marks. However if you somehow related it to the key words then your fine

Has anyone created an unofficial mark scheme to the t4 we seem to be the only community of the exam boards not to have one :frown:. That said can't be bothered making one lol
Original post by Philipstothers
Has anyone created an unofficial mark scheme to the t4 we seem to be the only community of the exam boards not to have one :frown:. That said can't be bothered making one lol

Theres about 10-15 questions already done back a few pages
Original post by Philipstothers
They really like u using the words in bold i.e. mans cruelty. So if it isn't in relation to the question I'm afraid the answer is yes and you will lose some marks. However if you somehow related it to the key words then your fine

I compared it to Narrow Fellow in the grass and said that the Badger describes mans physical cruelty to animals whereas a Narrow Fellow in the grass was mans cruelty in how we perceive snakes as vicious and are then often killed for that reason or something really stupid like that I just wanted to finish it and move on to unseen ugh
I compared it to Narrow Fellow in the grass and said that the Badger describes mans physical cruelty to animals whereas a Narrow Fellow in the grass was mans cruelty in how we perceive snakes as vicious and are then often killed for that reason or something really stupid like that I just wanted to finish it and move on to unseen ugh

Its cceas fault for not giving us that question to start with like! It was the only nature one left which actually made sense for them to do!
Original post by Okdmd46
Its cceas fault for not giving us that question to start with like! It was the only nature one left which actually made sense for them to do!

I know! But CCEA don't have any sense 🙄 I'm trying to forget about it and think about my next exams but I'm so annoyed at myself for not doing Foxes among the Lambs 😭
How did you think poetry went today? Also gutted about t4, gonna really really try hard for t6 just hope I haven't lost that A*

Poetry was fine. I'm not a big English Lit person at all and put literally no effort into my revision, but covered what needed to be covered. I'll be over the moon with a B (my unit 1 mark) and pleased with a C. Poetry was fine though, I revised Ozymandias the most so I was lucky.

Mrs Johnstone is one of the easier characters in blood brothers, however the fact that the main question was about an extract which was pretty dry in terms of content and dramatic techniques so I talked about elsewhere in the play much more than in the extract lol.

T4, would be lying if I said i'm not annoyed because I am. I just hope that I can perhaps turn it around much like you said. Doing T6 past papers now after focusing for months on T4 is like doing T1 lol, despite a few questions that come up here and there that make you think.
How are people revising for English Language on Tuesday?
I know! But CCEA don't have any sense 🙄 I'm trying to forget about it and think about my next exams but I'm so annoyed at myself for not doing Foxes among the Lambs 😭

I dont foxes among the lambs and only got about 4 comparisons, sorta regret not looking over it but new bits and pieces to get the essay done
Poetry was fine. I'm not a big English Lit person at all and put literally no effort into my revision, but covered what needed to be covered. I'll be over the moon with a B (my unit 1 mark) and pleased with a C. Poetry was fine though, I revised Ozymandias the most so I was lucky.

Mrs Johnstone is one of the easier characters in blood brothers, however the fact that the main question was about an extract which was pretty dry in terms of content and dramatic techniques so I talked about elsewhere in the play much more than in the extract lol.

T4, would be lying if I said i'm not annoyed because I am. I just hope that I can perhaps turn it around much like you said. Doing T6 past papers now after focusing for months on T4 is like doing T1 lol, despite a few questions that come up here and there that make you think.

I'm doing a bit of English language stuff for multi modal at the moment but definitely need to get stuck into T6 past papers like my life depends on it

Quick Reply

Latest