The Student Room Group

WJEC Latin Level 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cornflakeexpert
yeah, you don't get a full translation so you need to know it as best you can, but if you're stuck on a word they give you all the translations of every word which is nice :P it's basically asking about poetic techniques, so your teacher goes over what the poet does to achieve an effect (usually "make the story more vivid"...) and then the exam will ask you examples of those techniques. also i think there's a 10 mark essay asking how effective the poet is at achieving an effect (again usually "vividness":wink: and you just have to say what they do really.

Ok, thanks!
Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?
Reply 22
Original post by hello5100
Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?

I think he easily overcame and killed the leader of the enemy
Reply 23
Original post by Kevin:)
I think he easily overcame and killed the leader of the enemy

I put that the leader of the enemy easily overcame and killed Pallus
ya pallas was killed by turnus, pallas was in the accusative
still another paper to change that!

can the additional paper really make up for a really bad first paper?? because your post has given me hope
Reply 26
Original post by Revathyvk
can the additional paper really make up for a really bad first paper?? because your post has given me hope

It probably can as it's worth 50 marks - that's 1/3 of the whole marks over the two papers! (At least that's for additional language, I don't know about civilisation as I'm not doing it)
Who's sitting civilisation on Monday?
Original post by PixelatedOwl
Who's sitting civilisation on Monday?

nope wish i was...
I'm sitting additional
For Additional Language..., do you need to know both normalvocab list and additional or just additional?
Reply 30
Original post by Revathyvk
For Additional Language..., do you need to know both normalvocab list and additional or just additional?

I believe it's both - good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 31
Original post by wildjones
For me, the first comprehension was good, translations were quite easy (apart from the last sentence on the second one:s-smilie:) and the second comprehension was meh.

How did additional go for you?
Reply 32
ya pallas was killed by turnus, pallas was in the accusative

How did additional go for you?
Eh, I don't know...some hard vocab/tenses but an easier plot...what did you think?
Reply 34
Original post by JenniMusic
Eh, I don't know...some hard vocab/tenses but an easier plot...what did you think?

Yeah a nice plot ! Most of the tense was past though right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending