The Student Room Group

Examiners and subject units???

Just wondering... In the event of an examiner marking for a particular subject...

Are they assigned individual students to mark for, and then they mark all of the unit components of that one student for the subject - or do they mark random units for random students??? Like, for example would one examiner mark my first English Literature unit I took on Monday whereas my Lit second unit I took this morning would be marked by somebody totally different?

Also, do examiners check your mock results when marking your paper? Or is that just my wishful thinking??

Thank you xx
on youtube there's a video called edexcel marking process or something, it's 15 mins long and i think was posted in 2012. check it out
Original post by hello654321
on youtube there's a video called edexcel marking process or something, it's 15 mins long and i think was posted in 2012. check it out

thanks!!!! :smile:
Original post by moggygeorgieee
Just wondering... In the event of an examiner marking for a particular subject...

Are they assigned individual students to mark for, and then they mark all of the unit components of that one student for the subject - or do they mark random units for random students??? Like, for example would one examiner mark my first English Literature unit I took on Monday whereas my Lit second unit I took this morning would be marked by somebody totally different?

Also, do examiners check your mock results when marking your paper? Or is that just my wishful thinking??

Thank you xx

Different people often mark different unit papers depending on their expertise, for some subjects with some examiners different questions on the paper are marked by different people. The marker is completely oblivious to who you are and nobody marking the papers has any idea what you got in your mocks or anything else about you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
Different people often mark different unit papers depending on their expertise, for some subjects with some examiners different questions on the paper are marked by different people. The marker is completely oblivious to who you are and nobody marking the papers has any idea what you got in your mocks or anything else about you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah. Thanks. Just my thinking wishfully then

Quick Reply

Latest