AQA Chemistry New AS Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by A.aaa
No but they expect you to add them

So is it wrong if you didnt?
Reply 61
Original post by hbaig27
Did the ionisation energy question say it needed state symbols?

all past paper questions about Ionisation energy say in the mark scheme that you must include state symbols

btw the equilibrium mpc question... i can't remember which was which but was the answer C or D?
Original post by haes
all past paper questions about Ionisation energy say in the mark scheme that you must include state symbols

btw the equilibrium mpc question... i can't remember which was which but was the answer C or D?

I can't remember which it was, but I put the endo one, that is the one you're one about.
Was the paper out of 80?

How many marks will I lose if I used the 3 titres but not the rough titre and calculated mR correctly? Will I get ecf?

Have the grade boundaries always been 80% (i.e. 64/80) for A?
Original post by vignesh1234567
Was the paper out of 80?

How many marks will I lose if I used the 3 titres but not the rough titre and calculated mR correctly? Will I get ecf?

1) Yes
2) I used all 3, but wasn't sure. Thinking back I think you (and I) will lose 1 mark. Should get ECF.
3) Usually adjusted slightly, but 80UMS is always an A. It will probably be ~80% for an A.
Reply 65
Was the paper out of 80?

yes, probably lose one mark, and apparently :/ but we're the first year for this spec, the first year for those damn multiple choice questions and honestly this was the hardest chemistry paper i've ever seen (minus the specimen paper) so hopefully they will lower it (75% would probably be the least it would be lowered to if it was)
Reply 66
This is significantly harder than old spec so the boundaries have to drop?
guys it's unlikely that you'll lose all 3 marks for a question when you use one wrong value if the rest of your working is correct right?
Original post by rosemondtan
guys it's unlikely that you'll lose all 3 marks for a question when you use one wrong value if the rest of your working is correct right?

Very unlikely.
Reply 69
Thanks; what did you guys put for the improvement to the burette procedure (and justify)?

add a greater volume in the conical flask (idek if there was a conical flask)
because this would mean the volume of the titre needed to neutralise the solution would be greater, and therefore the percentage uncertainty would decrease
(i didn't refer to the names of anything because i left this question last... i hope i still get the mark)
Original post by haes
yes, probably lose one mark, and apparently :/ but we're the first year for this spec, the first year for those damn multiple choice questions and honestly this was the hardest chemistry paper i've ever seen (minus the specimen paper) so hopefully they will lower it (75% would probably be the least it would be lowered to if it was)

Thanks britishtf2, haes, what did you guys put for the improvement and justification to burette procedure?
Thanks britishtf2, haes, what did you guys put for the improvement and justification to burette procedure?

Something along the lines of use more stuff cos you get a larger reading. I can't quite remember the question: sorry!
Original post by britishtf2
Very unlikely.

lol omg it's so scary because if I add all the marks I've lost (assuming I get the entire question wrong) it's 10 marks but if i count method marks it's only 5 so idk omg lmaO)
Something along the lines of use more stuff cos you get a larger reading. I can't quite remember the question: sorry!

Thanks, np; did we have to assume that the bromine was protonated for the TOF graph?
Did you say that chlorine from the chlorate displaces the iodide?
lol omg it's so scary because if I add all the marks I've lost (assuming I get the entire question wrong) it's 10 marks but if i count method marks it's only 5 so idk omg lmaO)

Is this question 3, where you used an extra value from the table? If so, you'll most likely lose 1 mark and have ECF for the rest of the question.
Thanks, np; did we have to assume that the bromine was protonated for the TOF graph?
Did you say that chlorine from the chlorate displaces the iodide?

For the graph, I think it should be 25%:50%:25% at 158:160:162. I could be wrong. I put 3 peaks at 33% though. I think it was 2 marks, so if this is the case, I think it is 1 mark for 3 peaks on correct values and 1 mark for correct percentages. I could be wrong about everything above though - just my thoughts!

For the chlorate, I put "I2 - black solid" because I had run out of time - I cannot remember the details of this question, and I don't think I could help you here if I did. Sorry about that!
(edited 7 years ago)
Is this question 3, where you used an extra value from the table? If so, you'll most likely lose 1 mark and have ECF for the rest of the question.

and a few other questions :frown: I think I used a wrong Mr value for one of the questions but my working was fine
and a few other questions :frown: I think I used a wrong Mr value for one of the questions but my working was fine

For each error like that you should only be penalised once with ECF. With errors where you say something like "covalent" where "ionic" is appropriate, you are often penalised with "CE = 0", or "Chemical Error = 0". For this, you lose all marks for that part of the question, and that part only.

Obviously there are exceptions.
Reply 78
I personally got 35.5%

How did you do it?
For each error like that you should only be penalised once with ECF. With errors where you say something like "covalent" where "ionic" is appropriate, you are often penalised with "CE = 0", or "Chemical Error = 0". For this, you lose all marks for that part of the question, and that part only.

Obviously there are exceptions.

so if I make two of these, the other one would be completely wrong? Oh man....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending