The Student Room Group

Official OCR AS Chemistry B (Salters) 27th May 2016 (new specification)

Scroll to see replies

For the final calculation question about UVA's frequency and breaking a bond with enthalpy 320kJ/mol ( I think that's what it is), I'm pretty sure you're meant to calculate the frequency of energy required to break a bond with enthalpy of 320kJ/mol, and see if it's above or below the frequency of UVA. However, I did it the other way round and found the bond enthalpy that UVA is able to break... would I still get the marks, do you think?
Reply 21
what molecule was non- polar in the multiple choice question?
Whatvdid you guys get for the Zn salt question at the beginning?
Reply 23
Original post by katherine21678
Whatvdid you guys get for the Zn salt question at the beginning?

I've that you need to filter it under reduced pressure and then heat the salt or use anhydrous salt
Original post by Hariss

I think I put BF3, as it's symmetrical so the dipoles cancel out?
Original post by Jatman01
I've that you need to filter it under reduced pressure and then heat the salt or use anhydrous salt

yess! I put the same :biggrin:
Is anyone able to put together an unofficial mark scheme by any chance? Thanks!
Original post by Dandie12
what about the last question for the number of molecules

It was the ideal gas equation pV=nRT where p is pressure in kelvins, V is volume in m^3 (so you had to convert cm^3 to m^3), n is number of moles, R is gas constant and T temp in kelvins. You had all the info except moles where you then divide this value by avagadros constant to get number of molecules.
Original post by Tommann1125
Did you have to leave the volume of chlorine produced calculation in standard form?

11000?
Original post by Hariss

I put CH2CL2 because the dipoles cancel
Original post by Shan_non
I put CH2CL2 because the dipoles cancel

no they don't. chlorine is more electronegative
11000?

Yeah I got that but was it meant to be like 1.1x10^4?

ah **** well then thats a mark dropped

11000 is 1.1x10^4
Original post by faxingstar
It was the ideal gas equation pV=nRT where p is pressure in kelvins, V is volume in m^3 (so you had to convert cm^3 to m^3), n is number of moles, R is gas constant and T temp in kelvins. You had all the info except moles where you then divide this value by avagadros constant to get number of molecules.

wouldn't you times by avagadro's constant?
wouldn't you times by avagadro's constant?

Yes, youre right I got that wrong. I feel like more time should have been given for that paper as i had to rush the last page in the final 10 minutes and then didnt get time to actually think and check my answers for mistakes. Did anyone else feel like this?
Yes, youre right I got that wrong. I feel like more time should have been given for that paper as i had to rush the last page in the final 10 minutes and then didnt get time to actually think and check my answers for mistakes. Did anyone else feel like this?

yeah it was quite a stretch for time
11000 is 1.1x10^4

Yes I'm fully aware of that? I'm saying was it meant to be left in standard form
Original post by Hariss

I wrote chcl3 good knows why. i thought they cancel out
I made so many mistakes I'm really hoping for a B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending