The Student Room Group

What would you do with £10,000?

Scroll to see replies

Money is the root of all evil

Spoiler

Original post by iEthan
Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:

buy you a car cause mwah! x
I'd give £1 to every person I walked past until I had nothing left.
I would invest it, wouldn't give any to anyone. Might sound tight but why give it away when you could potentially double it, then give it away and still have the original left?
Donate some money to a charity called 'Crohns and Colitis UK' because y'know.... :lol: Also save up for uni and possibly buy a second hand car.
put it on Brexit to lose... no-brainer :h:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I would probably invest it in a risky portfolio (since it's money I can afford to lose):
asd.PNG
Reply 47
Original post by iEthan
Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:

I would invest it straight away into either a trading account of part of a business or something
Open a orphanage.....on my late gran's name
help any organ transplant patient in a deprived place..
buy my family a DISHWASHER since I broke ours yesterday:frown:
Original post by iEthan

Thats my uni accomodation costs covered for 2 years, so that! I'd just spend it on general living costs and if I dont need it all, i'd just put it in a savings account
Probably help someone in need tbf, i don't even know what id do with it myself.
With that money i would help my friend from cancer
10 grand...:erm:

Not too sure. The expenses some people have mentioned don't apply to my situation...so I'd probably put it in the bank for a rainy day? :yep:
Original post by shazia1998
Open a orphanage.....on my late gran's name

I think you overestimate what £10 000 can buy these days. :tongue:
Original post by iEthan
Who said practicality is boring? :tongue: I'd love to do that too but, my future uni debt of £40,000k will probably stop me from doing it :lol:

Practicality is boring!:biggrin:

I'm hoping for £27k, and work/rely on my savings for the rest:colonhash:
Original post by Hydeman
I think you overestimate what £10 000 can buy these days. :tongue:

I do run my own community group for old people for free with over 30 people...
and that would be enough to start a website and open one in a low economically developed country I suppose...:colondollar:
Original post by biglad2k16
I would probably invest it in a risky portfolio (since it's money I can afford to lose):
asd.PNG

Good idea!
Put it in a savings account and watch it not gain any significant interest.
Deffo use it for uni
Travel for quite a long time.

Quick Reply

Latest