The Student Room Group

Teacher jailed for 12 months for sex with 16 y.o. pupil

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmileyVibe
Are we talking about a teacher who placed a gun to her student's head or a teacher raping a student while he was drunk for some some reason? No. This is about a teacher and a student who consented to sex. Did I say what she did was right or ok? No. Chose one of those scenarios that is the least emotional response : a teacher threatening to murder her student unless he has sex with her, a teacher having sex with a student who was black out drunk student at a prom for some reason, or a teacher and student consent having sex and the student bragging about it to his friend how "great" it was.

I do not classify a teacher having an affair with a student the same as a woman or man who got raped by gunman, a stranger, family friend or a person in authority. I understand that my opinion may not be likeable or pleasant but in my eyes I feel cheated to hear a story of a sexual abuse when really a horny teacher had an affair with her student when there are deadly men or women blackmailing people into having sex, threatening them or raping them.

Your ramblings are completely irrelevant to what I said. You said that a teacher sexually abusing a student is very different and should be the same offence. I explained that the only way around it is to have lots of sub categories which is inefficient. I then gave you an example of the two ends of the spectrum of rape, both scenarios where the same offence. At no point did I include teachers in my examples

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Your ramblings are completely irrelevant to what I said. You said that a teacher sexually abusing a student is very different and should be the same offence. I explained that the only way around it is to have lots of sub categories which is inefficient. I then gave you an example of the two ends of the spectrum of rape, both scenarios where the same offence. At no point did I include teachers in my examples

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it statutory rape in this scenario?
Original post by SmileyVibe
Isn't it statutory rape in this scenario?

Statutory rape isn't an actual offence, this case is a section 16 offence of abuse of position of trust.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Yep...

I would have probably made the teacher pregnant if I was the boy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending