The Student Room Group

Boyfriend plays FIFA to much

He always plays FIFA ,then when he comes back to talk, he sounds so lost.. ive tried talking to him about it.. but its like i get no where.. i love the guy but what do i do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
he's probably trying to escape from a grim reality where his girlf is incapable of differentiating between use cases for 'to' and 'too'
Reply 2
Original post by Kaiju
he's probably trying to escape from a grim reality where his girlf is incapable of differentiating between use cases for 'to' and 'too'

im sorry what?
Original post by Anonymous
He always plays FIFA ,then when he comes back to talk, he sounds so lost.. ive tried talking to him about it.. but its like i get no where.. i love the guy but what do i do?

Have you tried buying him "Uncharted 4" and "The Last of Us"?
Original post by Kaiju

First post best post.

/thread
Original post by Kaiju

A bit harsh lol
Reply 6
Original post by OddFuturez
A bit harsh lol

I dont even understand that lol
Reply 7
Just when I thought a girl couldn't sink any lower and complain about trivial things her bf does. Do you expect him to spend every moment of the day talking to you? Stop being so attention-seeking and give the guy a break FFS. He has a right to have hobbies and interests just like you. I bet you don't hear him complaining about the things you do to piss him off.

It really does not sound like you love him if you're complaining about such a pointless issue. Get over it and learn to accept it. Otherwise leave him and move on. End of.
Define "too much".
Reply 9
Original post by asif007
Just when I thought a girl couldn't sink any lower and complain about trivial things her bf does. Do you expect him to spend every moment of the day talking to you? Stop being so attention-seeking and give the guy a break FFS. He has a right to have hobbies and interests just like you. I bet you don't hear him complaining about the things you do to piss him off.

It really does not sound like you love him if you're complaining about such a pointless issue. Get over it and learn to accept it. Otherwise leave him and move on. End of.

Mate he spends more time on xbox more than he does to me he barely talks to me.... if he answerrs its always hours later and no he doesnt have room to complain when i do things because i always check if he is ok with what i am doing and he always is, and rather than doing my stuff all day i make sure i have time for him
Step 1: Buy a Nintendo 3DS.

Step 2: Buy Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y.

Step 3: Get addicted to Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y.

Step 4: Watch the wankstain try to message you, only to receive a reply hours later.

Step 5: ...profit???
Mate he spends more time on xbox more than he does to me he barely talks to me.... if he answerrs its always hours later and no he doesnt have room to complain when i do things because i always check if he is ok with what i am doing and he always is, and rather than doing my stuff all day i make sure i have time for him

Just ignore what he said.

Perhaps he is just one of those, that likes gaming more than having a gf.

Have a word with him and see if he thinks he is doing anything wrong and let him know how isolating it makes you feel. See if you can find a compromise so that you do some things together and the rest of it you just leave him to it and you get on with your own stuff. As you noticed its time consuming.

Another alternative is to find some games you can play together.

If he still insists on devoting his time to xbox and neglecting any interaction with you, then thats how he regards the relationship and you will need to make your own mind up about whether you still wnat to be part of it.
Original post by asif007

I agree with this. If my boyfriend loved video games I would be sitting and playing with him rather than complaining. Thats the least she could do for him :rofl:

If it's really as bad as you say it is, I think you should take that as a sign that he's losing interest in you. Probably because of your own childish behaviour, nagging him too much and complaining about his hobbies. Obviously you've got the same attitude that every girl has with problems like this - you refuse to accept you've done something wrong when this is probably all your fault in the first place. Think for a minute about why he might be gaming too much, instead of just hassling him about it. You'll only make things worse. I know for a fact you don't love him or you wouldn't be on here telling us about this.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I agree with this. If my boyfriend loved video games I would be sitting and playing with him rather than complaining. Thats the least she could do for him :rofl:

Exactly. There's gotta be some compromise.
Reply 15
im sorry what?

Seriously? Pick up a dictionary.
Did you really have to go on anonymous for an Xbox issue?
Original post by Kaiju
He's probably trying to escape from a grim reality where his girlfriend is incapable of differentiating between use cases for 'to' and 'too'.

I just thought you should be aware of your own grammatical errors since you're so quick to point out someone else's.

You won't be able to stop your boyfriend gaming, OP. You can suggest things to do together but I would definitely question whether he is really into the relationship if he barely speaks you.
Are dipsy?

Let him, or give him more sex he'll be appreciative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by asif007
Just when I thought a girl couldn't sink any lower and complain about trivial things her bf does. Do you expect him to spend every moment of the day talking to you? Stop being so attention-seeking and give the guy a break FFS. He has a right to have hobbies and interests just like you. I bet you don't hear him complaining about the things you do to **** him off.

🤣 your stupid ain't ya buddy there is playing a-game then there is too much like my partner spends every waking minute playing fifa to the point I'm leaving him girl for your own sanity don't come second to the game maybe u leaving is the kick up the bum he needs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending