The Student Room Group

Ocr f321 , f322 retakes on 27/05/16 and 10/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by BanterBus
Imo it was easier than last years paper, although you could tell they were trying to throw us off on more questions this time around (least number of test-tubes for the 5 marker, oxidation state of O in OF2, 3S.F to give 0.120 etc) 49-50 is my guess for an A, although I can totally understand why you'd lose lots of marks on the paper so maybe it'll be lower. I'm sure you'll be fine with 50's out of 60 for an A

The maths was a lot easier than last year and in general there was a lot of nice stuff but i slipped up on all the one markers.
Imo it was easier than last years paper, although you could tell they were trying to throw us off on more questions this time around (least number of test-tubes for the 5 marker, oxidation state of O in OF2, 3S.F to give 0.120 etc) 49-50 is my guess for an A, although I can totally understand why you'd lose lots of marks on the paper so maybe it'll be lower. I'm sure you'll be fine with 50's out of 60 for an A

I think it will be higher then that props like 52 because nearly everyone walked out of that exam saying it was fine and I think it was mostly just retakes (Year 13) doing this exam so it's definitely not going to be 47-9 for A

I pray it's 49-50 still 😇😇
Original post by PeacefulSniper
I did ionic bonding between 3 Ca2+ and 1 double bonded p2 with 6- charge

AND ARGHH I put N too as i thought least electrons -> weakest van der waals

Was ionic bonding and covalent bonds , 😔 I thought it was just ionic 😤
Original post by OrangeMouth
Was ionic bonding and covalent bonds , 😔 I thought it was just ionic 😤

It's just ionic :P search it up on google images.
Reply 64
I think it will be higher then that props like 52 because nearly everyone walked out of that exam saying it was fine and I think it was mostly just retakes (Year 13) doing this exam so it's definitely not going to be 47-9 for A

Looking on twitter i actually think some people found it a bit of a weird exam i alwayd think student rooms makes it seem everyone did really well
Reply 65
Okay who got that relative energy BS i had to use the additional page and bust out everything i knew about orbitals/energy levels. And i still probably missed those 2 marks. lmao
Reply 66

knowing OCR it'll probably be like 58 for an A
LOOOLZ ur jokes not worth all that effort for 2/60 marks but I guess in that exam every mark counted

Wish I'd done that
It's just ionic :P search it up on google images.

The other person said it was ionic and covalent stuck together , peek times for him/her

I draw the ionic bonds 😀😀
The question that said " state what is meant by molecular formula " and " how do u spell disproportionation" where the 2 worest questions and the crap one about the energies too

What were the answers to these ???? Plz
heyyy, does anyone remember the questions or got any unofficial mark scheme for todays f321???? i didnt do as well as i had expected....
I thought an A can't be higher than 80% which is 48 as the paper was out of 60
Reply 72
The question that said " state what is meant by molecular formula " and " how do u spell disproportionation" where the 2 worest questions and the crap one about the energies too

What were the answers to these ???? Plz

There was something on disproportionation????? lmao guess i've missed those marks rip my A level

though! molecular formula is the actual number of atoms of each element in a molecule
I think it'd be really unfair for an A to be higher than 52. That's the highest it's ever been, and if this paper is any higher than that, it's pretty ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone talk me through the 4 marker about aluminium sulphate mass I think. I rounded it to 0.110 because my answer was 0.1103 and people are saying they got 0.1198. I'm confused how I got that.
Why wasn't there a 6 marker on why ionic lattices can't conduct electricity in solid state but can in molten? :angry: That's like a classic F321 question T.T
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
Why wasn't there a 6 marker on why ionic lattices can't conduct electricity in solid state but can in molten? :angry: That's like a classic F321 question T.T

I'm shocked that there wasn't an "Explain the trend in ionisation energy" type question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GetOverHere
I'm shocked that there wasn't an "Explain the trend in ionisation energy" type question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too! :s-smilie:
I haven't looked at F321 at all and I'm retaking F322, F321 stuff doesn't usually come up does it? I'm not sure how synoptic F322 can be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by PeterMJP
I thought an A can't be higher than 80% which is 48 as the paper was out of 60

It has been as high as 52 but it turns out that people have found it harder than they initially thought so 48/49 sounds about right for an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending