The Student Room Group

Did I pick the wrong poem? AQA English Literature Conflict Unit 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RevisionGuide
I chose the Poppies question and linked it to the difficult times faced by the speaker in Out of the blue. I was the only one who did this from who I asked at school, but I'm not too worried about it as I personally thought Out of the Blue was the best to compare Poppies to.

To be honest, it was.
Tons of language, imagery and structure too.
I'm such a flippin idiot for not thinking about this - should've revised :frown: left it the day before with half anthology unannotated.
Original post by Chittesh14
To be honest, it was.
Tons of language, imagery and structure too.
I'm such a flippin idiot for not thinking about this - should've revised :frown: left it the day before with half anthology unannotated.

Don't worry, I'm sure you did well and tried your best, and hopefully the examiners will be generous for the sakes of us all :smile:
Don't worry, I'm sure you did well and tried your best, and hopefully the examiners will be generous for the sakes of us all :smile:

The problem is that I never revise.
All my GCSE exams so far, I haven't even revised for 1 properly.

In these holidays, it's like a wake-up call going to revise so much going to get used to it eventually english lit and re are dead it's all over literally

didn't finish both english papers
Original post by Claire9999
Did anyone do The Right Word question I did if so what poem did you link it to 😊

I did and linked it to Flag. Wbu?
The problem is that I never revise.
All my GCSE exams so far, I haven't even revised for 1 properly.

In these holidays, it's like a wake-up call going to revise so much going to get used to it eventually english lit and re are dead it's all over literally

didn't finish both english papers

Just make sure that you dedicate more of your time to your future exams. trust me it will pay off on results day
Just make sure that you dedicate more of your time to your future exams. trust me it will pay off on results day

I know, I've still got like 8 GCSEs I can improve on so I've got a chance! :smile:
I know, I've still got like 8 GCSEs I can improve on so I've got a chance! :smile:

That's good then :smile:
Poppies question Q6

Well tbh you should have really linked back to the question. However, since the "difficult times" is quite a wide topic I'm sure you addressed the question without knowing. You may lose some marks, but don't worry - as long as your points were good you'll be fine
Original post by Ella_08
Well tbh you should have really linked back to the question. However, since the "difficult times" is quite a wide topic I'm sure you addressed the question without knowing. You may lose some marks, but don't worry - as long as your points were good you'll be fine

My only problem is that I don't think I compared. Literally, I think I did link back to question god knows.
I talked about question - answered it using quotes from At the Border and Poppies.
I didn't compare the different ways poet present the ideas in the two poems, how they are similar or different - nothing... :frown:
That's good then :smile:

:smile: going to seriously kill it.
GCSEs are going to be so disappointing but meh... gotta try to do the best as I can now, better to try than fully fail.
My only problem is that I don't think I compared. Literally, I think I did link back to question god knows.
I talked about question - answered it using quotes from At the Border and Poppies.
I didn't compare the different ways poet present the ideas in the two poems, how they are similar or different - nothing... :frown:

You should have really to get in the top band but it's not a disaster. You wrote about language, imagery and structure... right? Anyway it seems like you've tried your best; you'll lose marks but as long as you've zoomed into detail for each poem, you can balance where you've gone wrong. No point worrying now :wink:
:smile: going to seriously kill it.
GCSEs are going to be so disappointing but meh... gotta try to do the best as I can now, better to try than fully fail.

Liking your attitude. :wink2:
Does anyone want to take a look at the (more-or-less) duplicate answer I wrote for Question 6? I've been worrying about it for like, hours and I finally churned out a copy that looks quite similar to what I wrote in the exam? Would anyone be willing to take a look at it and maybe mark it?
I chose the Poppies question and linked it to the difficult times faced by the speaker in Out of the blue. I was the only one who did this from who I asked at school, but I'm not too worried about it as I personally thought Out of the Blue was the best to compare Poppies to.

I did this comparison too.
Original post by esmithxx
I did and linked it to Flag. Wbu?
I linked it to futility
Original post by Ella_08
You should have really to get in the top band but it's not a disaster. You wrote about language, imagery and structure... right? Anyway it seems like you've tried your best; you'll lose marks but as long as you've zoomed into detail for each poem, you can balance where you've gone wrong. No point worrying now :wink:

I only did language and once I mentioned enjambment in the whole of Section A and B, i didn't have time for structure in Unseen Poetry, but for Section A I mentioned it once or twice idk.

Original post by Ella_08
Liking your attitude. :wink2:

I say this everytime, but I think I'm serious this time.
It's just I started playing this game and then played it 5 hours everyday during my first week of GCSEs - I blame that. I'm going to quit it on Sunday..
This analysis is so good😭🔥🎉 I actually don't know if the examiner is going to read my response to the unseen and think what the hell is going on for the last part because I was just making weird inferences😹 I compared poppies to come on come back and commented on form structure and language so hopefully I get an A but in the unseen poem I forgot to comment on form and structure so my marks will be limited to a band 4 I presume if that😹
Original post by Claire9999
I linked it to futility

Yeah they go quite well!
Original post by hannahbarrow
I did this comparison too.

Great! What sort of things did you write about, to compare the two poems?
Great! What sort of things did you write about, to compare the two poems?

Using a personal experience and inner monologue and speech, in both poems. How the structure of the poems present someone in a difficult time - such as enjambment. Contrast of rhyme and set line structure in Out of the Blue with difference in Poppies.The symbolism of a bird in both poems, but difference in meaning.The difference in the themes of the poems as Poppies is trying to relate whereas Out of the Blue is showing the disconnect between reader and speaker.That's all I can remember.What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending