The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Foundation Unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bevans123
What was question 24 a and b about, please? I can't remember it being on the paper?

24 was estimating probability. I've got the paper & have posted the answers. I'm not posting the questions as it'll take too long.
Original post by raggouk
24 was estimating probability. I've got the paper & have posted the answers. I'm not posting the questions as it'll take too long.

thankyou! Is this paper A or B?
Reply 22
thank you for doing this would you be able to put the marks for each question up please x
(edited 7 years ago)
Raggouk what about the rest of the marks for the rest of the questions? Thanks BTW
Original post by raggouk

If you have the ability, would you be able to scan and upload the exam as like a PDF

Thank you
Reply 25
Original post by sickaaron
If you have the ability, would you be able to scan and upload the exam as like a PDF

Thank you

No, the paper is copyrighted.
Original post by raggouk
No, the paper is copyrighted.

Ok thank you anyways.
Reply 27
Original post by HX_AZAAN_786
Raggouk what about the rest of the marks for the rest of the questions? Thanks BTW

Please try having a little patience ... I'm trying to work ...
I have got around 72 definate marks and others I know I've got the answer wrong but I've done the method right so hopefully will gain some method marks do u think I'll be ok or have I screwed up
Original post by Charlotteb1234
I have got around 72 definate marks and others I know I've got the answer wrong but I've done the method right so hopefully will gain some method marks do u think I'll be ok or have I screwed up

I have around 75 definite marks and have done the same as you, with getting the methods right but the rest wrong! As long as you do the same or better on the calculator I think you'll do okay!
I have around 75 definite marks and have done the same as you, with getting the methods right but the rest wrong! As long as you do the same or better on the calculator I think you'll do okay!

Thank you I hope they are kind to us in the calc test haha. Good luck
What do you think will be the grade boundaries for foundation this year
What do you think will be the grade boundaries for foundation this year

Personally I think they might be lower for foundation as because next year GCSE's get harder, people are entering their children younger and younger
Personally I think they might be lower for foundation as because next year GCSE's get harder, people are entering their children younger and younger

Id love it if this was true haha
Also for the net question I drew mine like this will it still be okay because Google has a few different ways of drawing itimage.png
Also for the net question I drew mine like this will it still be okay because Google has a few different ways of drawing itimage.png

I had a completely ridiculous moment where I forgot everything and so I didn't do this question
I had a completely ridiculous moment where I forgot everything and so I didn't do this question

Oh no!;(

I'm sure if Google has it on it must be I hope
i drew the cudiod as a cube, didn't realise it was supposed to be a rectangle lol
Reply 38

There are a few different ones. That's fine.
Reply 39
Original post by raggouk
1) question about types of vegetables
a) February (1 mark)
b) onions (1 mark)
c) lettuces (1 mark)

2) a) 1/2 = 0.5 (1 mark)
b) 0.3 = 3/10 (1 mark)
c)0.8 as a % = 80% (1 mark)
d) 7.2 x 8 = 57.6 (1 mark)
e) 7/12 - 3/12 = 4/12 = 1/3 (2 marks)

3) 6 shapes on a grid, 2 shapes were congruent
a) A and D (1 mark)
b) 1 shape was similar B (1 mark)

4) Table showing figures for people visiting castles. Had to add them up and see which was the highest showing all working out
a)2009 781 2010 773 so greater in 2009 (3 marks)

b)David wanted to visit a castle, part of a bus timetable shown
i) time a bus got to Dunster 09 36 (1 mark)
ii) Number of minutes it took for a bus journey 54 minutes (2 marks)
c) latest time someone else could catch a bus 09 21 (1 mark)

5) 6 counters in a bag, 3 red, 2 green, 1 blue
a) circle a work that describes likelihood of a blue unlikely (1 mark)
b) cross on a probability line probability that Nick took a red counter - cross in the middle for 1/2 (1 mark)
c) cross on another line that Nick takes a white counter - cross on 0 for impossible (1 mark)

6) meals cost £21 on a Saturday. Special off Monday to Friday 2 meals for £32. How much less will 6 meals cost on a Wednesday than a Saturday ?
a) Saturday meal would cost £126 in the week it would cost £96 so the saving is £30 (3 marks)

b) Main course : chicken, lamb. Dessert fruit, éclair, trifle - list all the combinations
(C,F) (C,E) (C,T) (L,F) (L,E) (L,T) (2 marks)

7) name of a quadrilateral
a) parallelogram (1 mark)
then sketch a cuboid (1 mark)

8) solve x - 3 = 12
a) x =15 (1 mark)
b) solve 5y = 30
y=6 (1 mark)
c) solve 2w + 7 = 13
w=3 (2 marks)

9) 2 shapes drawn on cm^2 grid paper, needed count the squares then compare the area
Shape A was 1cm^2 greater (3 marks)

10) list of numbers 4 6 8 11 15 33 44
a) factor of 42 was 6 (1 mark)
b) multiple of 22 is 44 (1 mark)
c) 33 / 11 x 4 = 12 or 8/4 X 6 = 12 (1 mark)
There's probably others :-)

11) Amber earns £7 each hour Monday to Friday, £10 on a Saturday. Works 4 hours on Saturday, earns total of £180 so how many hours did she work that week ?
a) Saturday she earned £40, so she earned £140 in the week. £7 per hour so worked 20 hours (3 marks)

b) Chris works 7 hours each day Monday to Friday. Earns e pounds for each hour he works. Write an expression for the total amount in pounds that he earns giving the expression in the simplest form
5 x 7e = 35e (2 marks)

12) Jodie buys 12 cans @ 330ml Rob buys 4 bottles @ 1 litre. What is the difference ?
Jodie buys 12 x 330 ml = 3960 ml, Rob buy 4 litres ... difference is 40ml (3 marks)

13) Coffee tin 150g cost £4. Tea bags 160 bags, costs £4.50
Adam uses 3g per cup of coffee - needs make 300 cups
Adam uses 1 tea bag per cup of tea - needs make 500 cups of tea

£4 makes 50 cups of coffee so needs 6 jars
Needs 4 boxes of tea bags

Coffee costs £24, tea costs £18 so spends £42 (5 marks)

b) Adam has 30 x 6 cakes delivered which is 180 ... 12 not sold so sold 168 (3 marks)

14) Conversion graph
4.5 degrees C (1 mark)

15) Design a suitable data collection sheet to find out type of fruit people like
so need to draw tally chart showing types of fruit, tally then frequency (3 marks)

16) food 15%, transport 12%, other 43%
a) so 30% on rent (1 mark)
total spend was £800 so how much spent on food 15% if £800
b) spent £120 on food (2 marks)

17) was a straight line graph (4 marks)

18) pie chart showing 45 degrees, 105 degrees, and a right angle
what fraction was the missing piece ?
a) the missing piece of the pie chart was 120 degrees so that's 1/3 (2 marks)
b) if 90 degrees is equal to 4500 then there was 18000 votes (2 marks)

19) prism with hexagon at each end
a) how many vertices 12
how many faces 8 (2 marks)
then a sketch of the net (2 marks)

b) another prism, area of cross section given as 30cm^2, length is 25cm
Volume is 25 x 30 = 750 cm^3 (3 marks)

20) a) simplify p^2 x p^5 = p^7 (1 mark)
b) expand and simplify 3(m+4) - 2(m+1) = 3m +4 - 8m -2 = 10-5m or -5m +10 (2 marks)

c) factorise n^2 - 7n = n(n-7) (1 mark)

21) spinner 8 segments A, B, B, C, C, C, C, C
Beth spins 400 times, work out an estimate for number of times will get a C
a) 5/8 x 400 = 250
Spins a different one 80 times, gives outcome and frequency
J 39
K 25
L 16
Work out estimate for number of times Dan will spin an L 16/80 x 300 = 60 (3 marks)

22) reflect a shape in the line x= -1 then rotate a shape about point (0,1) anticlockwise
see the thread for the higher paper, it's Q 2 (4 marks)

23) questionnaire about buying crisps. a) two things wrong with the question : no timescale, ambiguous answer boxes (needs be more specfic) (2 marks) , then you need to write a better (2 marks) This question is in higher thread Q3

24) There's a floor plan of a room.
Area is worked out to be 50m^2. Needs 1 litre per 5m^2 of floor so needs 10 litres of varnish. She has 3 x 2.5 litre tins so no she hasn't got enough. (only has 7.5 litres) (5 marks)

Hope this helps

I can't see the freezer temp question ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending