The Student Room Group

HELP!! What should I do?

I snuck my bf into my house when everyone was out and as he was entering my parents pulled up. They found out that we were in a relationship as they didn't know before that I was seeing anyone. He just turned 18 and I'll be 17 in a few months. They have forbidden me from being with him and talking to him. But we have still spoken after this and we both miss each other. We were each other's best friend as well as being in love with each other. I want to be with him but have to respect my parents wishes as I still live under their roof. What should I do?
You should do what makes you happy, but you're still young and if your parents have forbidden it, there must be a reason. Or at least they think theres one... Why are your parents so against it?
The two options are mutually exclusive. You're going to have to pick one.

Unless you only want it to appear that you're obeying your parents.
check if he's murderer first you don;t want won of thos !
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
You should do what makes you happy, but you're still young and if your parents have forbidden it, there must be a reason. Or at least they think theres one... Why are your parents so against it?

They're unhappy because I kept it a secret so they assume bad things have been going on but it's really not like that. He's hoping they come around and were both having a really hard time coping
Reply 5

Plus we are both of different races and background so to them it's wrong
Reply 6
Original post by BristolFresher15
The two options are mutually exclusive. You're going to have to pick one.

Unless you only want it to appear that you're obeying your parents.

No I want it to be in a way to make everyone involved happy.
No I want it to be in a way to make everyone involved happy.

You could try to convince your parents to let you see him somehow. Maybe by limiting your interaction if they don't want you being physically intimate until you're older or something. Depends on what you think they'd be okay with.
Reply 8
Original post by BristolFresher15
You could try to convince your parents to let you see him somehow. Maybe by limiting your interaction if they don't want you being physically intimate until you're older or something. Depends on what you think they'd be okay with.

They have forbidden me from seeing him and anyone person of his race and said if I can't I should live with him. So I have decided I just can't win this battle.
They have forbidden me from seeing him and anyone person of his race and said if I can't I should live with him. So I have decided I just can't win this battle.

Wow. His race? What decade are they living in?
I don't think you shroud give up your relationship just for your parent bigoted views. Eventually you're gonna have to break loose if you don't agree and ever want to be happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending