The Student Room Group

English lit and maths exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamayesha
Yup, i have product design
Didn't even pick the subject in year 9 :s-smilie:
But to be fair its probably my easiest exam

Hey! How did the maths paper go for you? There were 12 marks available from vectors and circle theorems which was good! I'm quite surprised that they set surds and pythagoras for the last question, but I hope you approached it well! :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Faizanasif
Hey! How did the maths paper go for you? There were 12 marks available from vectors and circle theorems which was good! I'm quite surprised that they set surds and pythagoras for the last question, but I hope you approached it well! :smile:

It was good! I only really stuggled on the last question, what about you?
I'm absolutely dreading literature tomorrow, i don't feel prepared for it at all. I'm scared of messing up under the pressure like i did last time. :frown:
It was good! I only really stuggled on the last question, what about you?
I'm absolutely dreading literature tomorrow, i don't feel prepared for it at all. I'm scared of messing up under the pressure like i did last time. :frown:

I'm really surprised Histograms, Cumulative Frequency, Frequency Polygons, Simultaneous Equations or interior angles didn't come up! I'm almost certain that they saved these topics for the calculator exam.

I can almost guarantee you that the last question of the calculator will be a Simultaneous Equation question, where it would include doing quadratic formula etc.

For English Literature, I'm not really that bothered with. As long as I get a B, it doesn't really matter to me. Unless you want to persue your career on it, no one cares about it. I revised a lot on Maths mainly this week because its much important than literature to me, so don't worry about it if you don't want to take literature forward! :wink:
Reply 43
I'm really surprised Histograms, Cumulative Frequency, Frequency Polygons, Simultaneous Equations or interior angles didn't come up! I'm almost certain that they saved these topics for the calculator exam.

I can almost guarantee you that the last question of the calculator will be a Simultaneous Equation question, where it would include doing quadratic formula etc.

For English Literature, I'm not really that bothered with. As long as I get a B, it doesn't really matter to me. Unless you want to persue your career on it, no one cares about it. I revised a lot on Maths mainly this week because its much important than literature to me, so don't worry about it if you don't want to take literature forward! :wink:

Yeah i so think histograms are going to come up too.
There are some predicted papers online too, on mathsgenie and on onmaths :smile:
Also my english exam went ok! How did yours go?
Yeah i so think histograms are going to come up too.
There are some predicted papers online too, on mathsgenie and on onmaths :smile:
Also my english exam went ok! How did yours go?

Yeah haha! I put on my snapchat story that I timed myself doing a predicted paper, and dozens of people were messaging me asking where I got it from :biggrin: Maths genie is the best!

Yeah, my english exam was good! I was really scared of what an inspector calls essay question would come up, and it was to explore 2 scenes Priestly uses to make the audience feel suspicious, that really made me happy! :smile: However, the Henry V passage question I did was quite hard, but I managed to write 2 1/2 pages for each question :smile:

By the way, are you doing AQA or iGCSE English? Oh hang on, DID you do AQA or iGCSE English? So happy English is now over. However the ks1, ks2, ks3 and gcse english times won't be forgotten :frown:
Reply 45
Yeah haha! I put on my snapchat story that I timed myself doing a predicted paper, and dozens of people were messaging me asking where I got it from :biggrin: Maths genie is the best!

Yeah, my english exam was good! I was really scared of what an inspector calls essay question would come up, and it was to explore 2 scenes Priestly uses to make the audience feel suspicious, that really made me happy! :smile: However, the Henry V passage question I did was quite hard, but I managed to write 2 1/2 pages for each question :smile:

By the way, are you doing AQA or iGCSE English? Oh hang on, DID you do AQA or iGCSE English? So happy English is now over. However the ks1, ks2, ks3 and gcse english times won't be forgotten :frown:

WJEC english actually... for some reason our school is on a welsh board..
And same haha, i love english but its so stressful and draining, thank god it's over!
I still have my english language exam to go, but i find language much easier than literature so i'm not as stressed.
WJEC english actually... for some reason our school is on a welsh board..
And same haha, i love english but its so stressful and draining, thank god it's over!
I still have my english language exam to go, but i find language much easier than literature so i'm not as stressed.

Oh yeah, I remember you telling me haha. Are you from Wales? I do WJEC French which is like 10000000000000000 times harder than AQA, only because their grade boundaries are just ridiculous.

I find language easier by far, but the paper itself is SO BORING. I have to underline 3 things at the same time, which makes my eyes hurt so much because I have to look at the book and the 3 questions at the same time! I am so glad they're all over! :h:
Reply 47
Oh yeah, I remember you telling me haha. Are you from Wales? I do WJEC French which is like 10000000000000000 times harder than AQA, only because their grade boundaries are just ridiculous.

I find language easier by far, but the paper itself is SO BORING. I have to underline 3 things at the same time, which makes my eyes hurt so much because I have to look at the book and the 3 questions at the same time! I am so glad they're all over! :h:

No i'm not from Wales haha
And yeah, language is easy but so boring, especially the reading.
No i'm not from Wales haha
And yeah, language is easy but so boring, especially the reading.

The iGCSE English language exam this year was ridiculous. In one of the questions, we had to find 8 powerful words or phrases in 2 given paragraphs and explain why they were effective. One of the paragraphs was only like 3 lines and the most powerful word was orange to describe colour... :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest