The Student Room Group

What happens if my gcse exam was abandoned?

Basically 3/4 f the way through my English lit. gcse the fire alarm went off, everyone had to be evacuated and wait at the safety point, in silence, for almost an hour due to a bomb threat. The head then made the decision to abandon all the exams taking place at the time and so we were unable to finish. Will we only be able to get 5% from special consideration or is it possible well get more because I think most people would've got more than 5% in the 20mins as thats the whole of section b? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzie999
Basically 3/4 f the way through my English lit. gcse the fire alarm went off, everyone had to be evacuated and wait at the safety point, in silence, for almost an hour due to a bomb threat. The head then made the decision to abandon all the exams taking place at the time and so we were unable to finish. Will we only be able to get 5% from special consideration or is it possible well get more because I think most people would've got more than 5% in the 20mins as thats the whole of section b? Thanks :smile:

Mate you go to the same school as me wtf !!
Same thing happened to my school
WJEC exam board english
Reply 2
Original post by nisha.sri
WJEC exam board english

haha no I'm doing aqua english, do u know whats gonna happen? so annoying
WJEC exam board english

Lmao hello strangers! This happened to me too today...what a strange meeting.
You'll probably get your predicted grade your teachers sent off to the exam board!
That sucks though wtf- was there an actual bomb?
haha no I'm doing aqua english, do u know whats gonna happen? so annoying

Really !! WOW because same thing happened to me !!
I don't even know but apparently the examiners are going to linient. Are you sure you don't go to the same school as me ?!
Original post by Tsunaomi
You'll probably get your predicted grade your teachers sent off to the exam board!

For me no it was a hoax :smile:
No apparently the examiners are going to very linient
Reply 7

No the police came and the searched the school, apparently its a hoax/ scare thing thats been happening a lot recently in this party of the country during gcses and a-level exams. scary tho
No the police came and the searched the school, apparently its a hoax/ scare thing thats been happening a lot recently in this party of the country during gcses and a-level exams. scary tho

Gosh what part of the country if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Northern Ireland so we get quite a few bomb scares but never in a school :redface:
Gosh what part of the country if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Northern Ireland so we get quite a few bomb scares but never in a school :redface:

Mine is in the South East. It was really scary
This is such a coincidence- same thing happened everything is the same WOW
Reply 11

Im in sussex i think there have been threats across the south and probably in the north as well :K:
Reply 12
This is such a coincidence- same thing happened everything is the same WOW

such a weird coincidence haha
Wow!
Pahhahah hi Izzie
Reply 15
Original post by Valentinacapetta
Pahhahah hi Izzie

hahahahaha vale how did u find me? so annoyed still
I think I heard on the news that there was a whole load of schools affected in the south east with hoax calls during the gcse exams. All I remember is that students should not worry and they they will take that into consideration. What that means only the exam boards will know!

Ask you schools and see what they say.

Until today. :angry:
There was one in a primary school in Armagh earlier and all the pupils were evacuated to a nearby church. Crazy.
I think there were 10 fake calls today, 16 on Tuesday and 27 on Monday :/
It's stupid bc when there's a real threat people won't take it seriously smh.
hahahahaha vale how did u find me? so annoyed still

Lol I was searching up about bomb scare , you were first to come up! And same it's so crazy

Quick Reply

Latest