The Student Room Group

F321 27th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Randall13
Also. @kingaaran @GEEKSruletheworld!

For the 5 marker.

I said you would use a minimum of 3 test tubes which is wrong.

I then said you would add Br2 to 2I- to form 2Br- and I2 thus would become a violet colour.

I then said you add 2CL- to the Br2(aq) so that you are just left with your orange solution.

I then said you would add 2CL- to I2(aq) to form a brown solution which is incorrect.

How many marks out of 5 would I obtain?

I'm thinking 2/3.

Yeah probably 2/3 out of 5
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!

oh right thanks.
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!

@GEEKSruletheworld!

also for the one about the moles of nitrogen atoms could I say

1.699 times 10 to the power of -3.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Randall13
Would I lose marks?

If I said that the mol of Nitrogen atoms

as 1.699 times 10 to the power of negative -3.

Nope becuase it dosnt you have to round your answer
Original post by bigzman123
Nope becuase it dosnt you have to round your answer

@bigzman so this would gain both marks?
thanks.
Yeah I think it's too high....I mean tbh looking at it I probs got bang on C....meaning this resit was absolutely pointless.....I wanna cry!!!:mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did HNO2 bcos it said something about there being only one product
If you put the electronic configuration for ga3+ would they mark you down even though I included ga3+= 1s2....
In an ideal world I hope they would just ignore that, also do you get a mark for explaning the reactivity for the two chosen test tubes as it just said state I didnt bother with that.
Reply 189
Hey, does anybody know why the answer for the lowest fourth ionisation energy is Silicon (Si) rather than Argon (Ar) considering Argon has the most shielding? My logic is that Argon has more electrons than Si AND more electron shells thus, there is more repulsion meaning less nuclear attraction and so the outer electron on the 4th ionisation energy is more easily lost. Am I missing something obvious here? :P
Original post by Kralamoonard
Hey, does anybody know why the answer for the lowest fourth ionisation energy is Silicon (Si) rather than Argon (Ar) considering Argon has the most shielding? My logic is that Argon has more electrons than Si AND more electron shells thus, there is more repulsion meaning less nuclear attraction and so the outer electron on the 4th ionisation energy is more easily lost. Am I missing something obvious here? :P

si has 4 electrons in outer shell,
its easier to remove the last electron in the valence shell than remove the fourth electron from a shell
Original post by Derek12353
si has 4 electrons in outer shell,
its easier to remove the last electron in the valence shell than remove the fourth electron from a shell

Also argon has a full electron shell. Therefore it takes more energy to remove the electrons.
where can i find the unofficial markscheme
Reply 193
Some trolls messed around with the first versions I think, but there is a uneditable version too, it would be found somewhere in this thread or threads with a similar title, but heres a thread that provides an attempted unofficial markscheme
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4123873

Technically F321 has functioned for its last year in the last exam season so I'm assuming you're trying to find the mark scheme for revising the new spec that was done for the first time last year. Ask your school teachers to get you them. Else if your school would not provide you with it as it would be mock exam material, you won't be getting it.
Many people have been asking me to repost the pictures of this paper so here it is. Please bear in mind that I did not take these pictures and so the answers written are just a rough guess and not the official mark scheme. I presume all of the AS cohort are desperately trying to hunt for this paper before a mock exam? so good luck with your revision :redface:
PS. a thumbs up wouldn't hurt :wink:
And the final page

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending