The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frank-wills
How many marks would you need to get for a safe C grade?

I'm aiming for a C aswell (not that I'll get it😂😂)
I think to be completely safe 70 overall (with both papers combined)
How many marks would you need to get for a safe C grade?

Overall for 2015, out of 200, it was 65. This might change depending on how people did across the country.
Original post by Thorntonali
I'm aiming for a C aswell (not that I'll get it😂😂)
I think to be completely safe 70 overall (with both papers combined)
I've completely failed as well, mind went blank in the exam. So frustrated 😩
Original post by SmithAmelia
Overall for 2015, out of 200, it was 65. This might change depending on how people did across the country.
hopefully not many have done great hahaha I'm wishing for low grade boundaries
hopefully not many have done great hahaha I'm wishing for low grade boundaries

Just try and do really well on Paper 2, and you'll be fine.
Good Luck
I've completely failed as well, mind went blank in the exam. So frustrated 😩

Aww, I can promise you'll have done better than me👍👍 from the unofficial mark scheme I have 35 marks (hopefully if that :'D) so I need a blessing to get that on the calculator paper to average it which just isn't happening
**** man! I wrote 75TT because i took away 25 from 100 to get 75, **** **** ****, i didn't even attempt the circle theorem question or the surds question!!!! Oh god why me?!! Will I still get marks for the method even though i wrote 75TT?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.

Spoiler

BTW Question2b is incorrect as the correct diagram should 1 unit shifted down
Original post by bladesdontdie
Thanks for the quick reply!

No need for the sarcasm, I barely use TSR. Apologies for replying late :confused:
someone send me link to mr kibria worked solution
Original post by soph.browne
I got 1cm for the last question oh well
Also I thought the circle theorem question was an alternate angle question?

I think the envelope question was T= 5x + 20y but I have no idea why it was 3 marks

I got that but Idt it's right oh well
Has the foundation unofficial markscheme been completed yet??
would i get 3 marks for the spinner question - i did 300/80 = 3.75
and then 3.75 times by 16

which = 60
Original post by DrPeter
This paper was, in my opinion, easier than the corresponding paper last year. Based on this, the Boundary will be higher than 125, but the calculator paper may be more difficult than last years, so it is all speculation. I am expecting a tough(er) Calculator Paper than the Non-Calculator paper. Remember - this is only an opinion and different people will have different ideas.

You should only have one aim and that is to get (or get as close as you can to) 100% in the next paper !!

Good luck

Thanks, for this paper I think I have got roughly in the 60s maybe 65-67 how much marks do I need in the calculator to get an A*
Original post by 11NSHERIN
Thanks, for this paper I think I have got roughly in the 60s maybe 65-67 how much marks do I need in the calculator to get an A*

It obviously depends on many factors, including what the calculator paper is like and how everyone did nationally. However, I think this paper was of a similar standard of difficulty/ease as the June 2014 paper. So based on that paper, for an A*, over the two papers (so, out of 200), you would need about 164/165. An 'A' would be about 133/134 out of 200. Just my opinion and prediction from comparing to past papers.

Do you know if your school/college would let you resit the exam in November if you don't get the grade you want?
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course you can, but I hope you don't mean 32 hours straight.:tongue:
Original post by llama_whisperer
**** man! I wrote 75TT because i took away 25 from 100 to get 75, **** **** ****, i didn't even attempt the circle theorem question or the surds question!!!! Oh god why me?!! Will I still get marks for the method even though i wrote 75TT?

I wrote 75pi over 4. But i showed my working clearly so dod uthink i would still get 2 marks out of 3 for the working out?
Personally, I learnt Maths from YouTube, I would watch videos on the topics I didn't understand, such as using the Sine and Cosine rule,simultaneous equations with a quadratic etc and then I would just do a lot of questions from past papers on them, and I would understand the topic,now obviously you won't learn everything in one night but 8 days just to cover the topics you find difficult, given that you can score mid 70s in a paper already, you can easily do it.:smile:
For the circle theorem question I assumed the angle given was the alternate angle to the triangle and used that for calculating the other angles and gave correct reasons e.g base angles in isosceles are equal, angles in a triangle, tangents hit radii 90 degrees etc. Can someone please tell me how many marks would I get? Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending