The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemnerd4life
I'm doing a bit of English language stuff for multi modal at the moment but definitely need to get stuck into T6 past papers like my life depends on it

Don't worry about it honestly. If you did the T4 past papers you'll fly through the T6 ones, they seem much easier. I just need to revise surface area of 3d shapes and Sin/Cos/Tan graphs and i'll be good hopefully. The content isn't too bad, a few hours on youtube will do the trick.

English Language, funnily enough i'll be getting stuck into. My creative writing and co is mid A standards but my multi modal brings it down so much it's crazy. Do you have any idea what's on the first language exam compared to the second? I'll probably do a multi modal essay a day and a T6 paper and blend in revision for German and stuff because I can't let the other subjects slip away.
Original post by jackcoys
Don't worry about it honestly. If you did the T4 past papers you'll fly through the T6 ones, they seem much easier. I just need to revise surface area of 3d shapes and Sin/Cos/Tan graphs and i'll be good hopefully. The content isn't too bad, a few hours on youtube will do the trick.

English Language, funnily enough i'll be getting stuck into. My creative writing and co is mid A standards but my multi modal brings it down so much it's crazy. Do you have any idea what's on the first language exam compared to the second? I'll probably do a multi modal essay a day and a T6 paper and blend in revision for German and stuff because I can't let the other subjects slip away.

T6 isn't that bad. I got almost full marks in both papers in my mocks so as long as I don't mess up I'll be fine. I don't know if my coursework marks are good or not we haven't been told and don't find out until results day so I'm pretty much in the dark about what results I need to get.
Do you mean like Unit 1 is personal writing and multi modal and unit 2 is reading non fiction and functional writing?
T6 isn't that bad. I got almost full marks in both papers in my mocks so as long as I don't mess up I'll be fine. I don't know if my coursework marks are good or not we haven't been told and don't find out until results day so I'm pretty much in the dark about what results I need to get.
Do you mean like Unit 1 is personal writing and multi modal and unit 2 is reading non fiction and functional writing?

Yeah. I have to do Unit 1 on Wednesday and then Unit 2 on the 7th I believe. Haven't done any multi modal and i'm going out today so i'll have to start digging into it then I guess. Thanks and good luck!
Original post by jackcoys
Yeah. I have to do Unit 1 on Wednesday and then Unit 2 on the 7th I believe. Haven't done any multi modal and i'm going out today so i'll have to start digging into it then I guess. Thanks and good luck!

Yes me too! Good luck to you as well, I'm sure you'll do brilliant
Went surprisingly well for me:O, anyone else do Juno?? What did you think of the questions??
Revised Boyle like crazy so got very lucky and I think it was quite an easy question as he definitely does not care about family except when he sings to juno
Also did anyone else do Wagtail and baby and AOL for Hardy/Heaney?? I was so happy they came up- I'd barely revised my poetry
Original post by Tsunaomi
Also did anyone else do Wagtail and baby and AOL for Hardy/Heaney?? I was so happy they came up- I'd barely revised my poetry

I did war and nature which I also got lucky with lol basically the only two I revised came up lol
Original post by Philipstothers
Revised Boyle like crazy so got very lucky and I think it was quite an easy question as he definitely does not care about family except when he sings to juno

I did the extract one on Deception- didn't revise Boyle enough but I got lucky with the deception question 😭
Went surprisingly well for me:O, anyone else do Juno?? What did you think of the questions??

I did, I think the questions were pretty good, I picked the one on Boyle :smile:
I did, I think the questions were pretty good, I picked the one on Boyle :smile:

How do you think you did? The extract was pretty good as well :biggrin:

I did Juno and Hardy and Heaney! Lovely questions! The Wagtail/Advancement combo was our mock and they were the two I knew the most so that was great, I filled my entire booklet up too! The question on Boyle was fine except I would have liked more points for reasons he is caring. The only thing I wrote for that side of the argument was that he said he'd go after Bentham.
Original post by T0ucan
I did Juno and Hardy and Heaney! Lovely questions! The Wagtail/Advancement combo was our mock and they were the two I knew the most so that was great, I filled my entire booklet up too! The question on Boyle was fine except I would have liked more points for reasons he is caring. The only thing I wrote for that side of the argument was that he said he'd go after Bentham.

I was so chuffed! I did the deception question though, but there was so much to write about in the extract and elsewhere :smile: how'd you find the unseen?
How do you think you did? The extract was pretty good as well :biggrin:

I'm not the best at English but I think I did okay I suppose
how did everyone find English Lit? I personally found it okay but those blood brothers questions were horrific

also, if i only did 4 language paragraphs for Unseen but theres 6 technique, I just meshed it into one paragraph.. will that be ok?
Original post by nmeechan
how did everyone find English Lit? I personally found it okay but those blood brothers questions were horrific

also, if i only did 4 language paragraphs for Unseen but theres 6 technique, I just meshed it into one paragraph.. will that be ok?

Also, if anyone does BB, what question did you do?
& Heaney v Hardy, I paired Last Look with At Castle Boteral bc theyre the only ones i knew, but some people were pairing it with 'Sheep Fair?'
& Heaney v Hardy, I paired Last Look with At Castle Boteral bc theyre the only ones i knew, but some people were pairing it with 'Sheep Fair?'

Tbh for Heaney and Hardy I did A but if I had done B I would've paired it with The old workman - it was a question about old age right? I didn't revise Last look, I'm pretty sure it came up last year, so I had assumed it wouldn't come up on this paper :frown: Why are ccea so cruel :confused: I would have no clue about how to compare it to sheep fair
Reply 297

Done Mrs Johnstone but thought the question was too specific , didn't even know what to say for against
Original post by chloecam29
Made this and thought this was accurate for today ahah

Ccea English Lit Starter Pack:

Omg your Facebook post came up on my Facebook feed hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made this for today ahahah
CCEA English Lit Starter Pack:
13256000_1198410236892839_1167745283664190498_n.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest