The Student Room Group

Does death scare you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Yesss. And I recognise your name and you're the one with that simpson gif, still funny :wink:

Nice to know I'm remembered :wink:
Yeh.. It didn't for a long while after my cousin passed away though - I wanted to be closer to him & I felt like dying then would have been a privilege. But now I'm picking myself back up I think a bit differently, more positively, and so I'm back to being a wuss !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
I'm scared for the people I leave behind after death as of course it'd be hard hitting for family and close friends. However, aside from that personally I'm not scared of death at all. I don't believe there's anything after death so you won't know anything about it to worry in my opinion, plus, there'd be less to stress about once your time is over :tongue:
"Your fear of death itself removes the fear" - Satan

Paradise Lost, John Miton
A contributing factor to weather your scared of death is weather you believe in an afterlife. If you do than your likely to be less scared of death, like me.
Not nearly as much as life does... :eek3:
Reply 106
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
A contributing factor to weather your scared of death is weather you believe in an afterlife. If you do than your likely to be less scared of death, like me.

Why so? Do you have any evidence or are you making an unjustified opinion?

I don't believe in the afterlife, therefore I have nothing to fear when I die. No matter what life I live, I am going to be the same after death so why should it worry me?

Compare that to believing in a hell, and wondering all the time whether or not you have lived a 'good' enough life...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I know it happens to everyone, but if I think about it deeply enough I honestly I get on the verge of having a panic attack. Just the thought of your existence being no more, the complete loss of feeling, good or bad. Just the loss of touch with reality and then in most peoples cases leaving your loved ones behind...never to feel anything ever again.

(Obviously that is if you don't believe in an after life or God etc)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1gwp3u/what_is_it_about_death_that_scares_you/

Procrastination led me too reddit :redface:

I swear I've made this thread before, aha oh well XD Clearly I'm still not over the fear of this inevitable thing that will eventually happen to me one day...

I know it may sound weird but I don’t fear death because it comforts me knowing that at the end of it all I will simply be gone. Just one more person who left the earth leaving behind nothing but a corpse, knowing that there is a ultimate end just helps you to live life freely because after it ends you can’t regret anything because you won’t have a consciousness

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending