The Student Room Group

I was totally unaware I had my phone in my pocket!!

Today, during my English Literature, I was completely oblivious to the fact that my mobile phone was in my pocket; it's so light, I thought it was my highlighter! (didn't even feel my phone when I took the highlighter out) - and I must've forgotten to put it in my bag!

I finished the exam well without any of the additional worries of being disqualified and walked out with none of the invigilators aware of this! So, have I managed to get away with this? Or is there a way they can check if students had electronics in their pockets!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesgreaves
Today, during my English Literature, I was completely oblivious to the fact that my mobile phone was in my pocket; it's so light, I thought it was my highlighter! (didn't even feel my phone when I took the highlighter out) - and I must've forgotten to put it in my bag!

I finished the exam well without any of the additional worries of being disqualified and walked out with none of the invigilators aware of this! So, have I managed to get away with this? Or is there a way they can check if students had electronics in their pockets!

Yeah you've pretty much gotten away with it :smile: Just make sure ya dont make the mistake again buddy. We don't want the GCSE's to be RIP
Reply 2

You'll be fine you have gotten away with it. As long as it didn't go off in the exam.
You are but you can only use it to highlight the questions.
Don't you know they have secret electronic sensors?!?!?!?!?!?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Don't you know they have secret electronic sensors?!?!?!?!?!?

I've had 10 exams so far for each and everyone of them I've had my phone in my pocket. Most of the time my phone was on, in one case in the exam hall I was switching my phone off then an invigilator saw me put it back in my pocket and she said nothing.
You've gotten away with it. Just don't let teachers find out.
I am sure that if they saw they uld have disqualified you instantaneuosly, I'm happy that didn't happen to you but make sure you leave your phone next time. We have to give our phones into a 'valuables box' that goes in the staff room every morning when we go to school during exam period.
Bruh. I've had my phone in my pocket in every single one of my exams I've done so far. I just mute all the sounds and just to be safe I covered the speakers with bluetac.
There are rules. If you get caught breaking them, then face the consequences,. If you wnat to take the risk, then fill your boots.
Reply 10
y the hell do people keep their phones on them? What satisfaction do you gain by keeping your phone on you? so futile.
just keep it in ur locker, i dont know wut the real fuss is.
Original post by Federerr
Bruh. I've had my phone in my pocket in every single one of my exams I've done so far. I just mute all the sounds and just to be safe I covered the speakers with bluetac.

Why go through so much effort when you can simply put it away somewhere or give it to the invigilator?
Original post by Namita Gurung
Why go through so much effort when you can simply put it away somewhere or give it to the invigilator?

for certain reasons :K:
for certain reasons :K:

Got something hidden in your phone? :sly:
Am curious
Original post by Namita Gurung
Got something hidden in your phone? :sly:
Am curious

Just say I have diarrhea in all my exams :wink2:

Nah on a serious note, in one of my mocks some invigilator accidentally took my phone home and I had to wait 3 days for her to come to work and get it back to me.
Original post by sv42008
y the hell do people keep their phones on them? What satisfaction do you gain by keeping your phone on you? so futile.
just keep it in ur locker, i dont know wut the real fuss is.

The op didn't know he had his phone on him. He only did it once and he seems to be worried about it.

The other person however, who puts blue tac over is phone, well hes probably just some dick who has to cheat. Or he thinks hes cool by having his phone on him, and he goes through so much effort.

This post should be the definition in the dictionary next to "non-event"
There were 790 penalties issues for mobile phone offences last year. Seems a completely needless risk for disqualification.
Just say I have diarrhea in all my exams :wink2:

Nah on a serious note, in one of my mocks some invigilator accidentally took my phone home and I had to wait 3 days for her to come to work and get it back to me.

Damn I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my phone was away from me. In that case, I kind of get why you don't hand it in.
What about locker?
(edited 7 years ago)

They will backtrace this and find out man, id go into hiding if i were you, lest you get a reputation as a hardened criminal.

Quick Reply

Latest