The Student Room Group

The Brexit move has confirmed my Referendum choice: I'm out.

Scroll to see replies

Greece is essentially a German/ECB puppet, it relies solely on handouts to stay afloat, I suspect the breaking point will either be another one of the PIIGS needing a bailout and/or Deutsche Bank failing (they are close to being the next Lehman).

The Remainians don't seem to fully grasp how important it is we leave, it's like forgoing the last lifeboat on the Titanic to have another bottle of champagne inside.

Deutsche Bank 2016 vs Lehman 2008.
Original post by Dodgypirate
I watched the other night and it has cemented my decision, I want out of the EU.

If you make a decision based on only one thing, that cannot be an informed decision. That's just saying 'I have been persuaded'
Original post by ib_hopeful
If you make a decision based on only one thing, that cannot be an informed decision. That's just saying 'I have been persuaded'

I obviously made the decision months before... I said it *cemented* my decision, i.e I'm 100% certain of voting out.
I watched the other night and it has cemented my decision, I want out of the EU.

It's the first and potentially last time we get to vote out of of the EU, so I'm going to take my chance.

If you are for Brexit or you're undecided, I implore you watch it.

I also asked a few people I know who are 'In' whether they knew how many presidents exist at the head of the EU and if the EU Parliament had any control over laws -- none could answer.

Fact is the majority of us have no clue how the EU government works.

The vote shouldn't be about that, we will suffer economically if we can't trade with the EU. The sovereignty thing has changed with Cameron's deal though so you do realise we're not powerless by staying under the tyranny of unelected bureaucrats in Brussels
Original post by otester
Greece is essentially a German/ECB puppet, it relies solely on handouts to stay afloat, I suspect the breaking point will either be another one of the PIIGS needing a bailout and/or Deutsche Bank failing (they are close to being the next Lehman).

The Remainians don't seem to fully grasp how important it is we leave, it's like forgoing the last lifeboat on the Titanic to have another bottle of champagne inside.

Deutsche Bank 2016 vs Lehman 2008.

Lol nice scaremongering
History doesn't repeat itself
Original post by ib_hopeful

loool and the Brexit movie is obviously going to be one sided propaganda and biased. This person is stupid
I obviously made the decision months before... I said it *cemented* my decision, i.e I'm 100% certain of voting out.

I fear for the safety of the world. We live in the most politically unstable times since 50 years back. How you can justify voting out is beyond me.

Maybe because you treat it like a largely domestic issue, when in fact it will affect more non-British people than British people.
Original post by Arsey2.0
Lol nice scaremongering
History doesn't repeat itself

Scaremongering?
Original post by otester
Scaremongering?

Yes making the comparison to the titanic which is the lowest form of persuasion despite being the most effective on simple minded people in being swayed.
Original post by Arsey2.0
Yes making the comparison to the titanic which is the lowest form of persuasion despite being the most effective on simple minded people in being swayed.

Do you have any way of objectively measuring forms of persuasion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending