The Student Room Group

vegetable rant thread

i love a lot of vegetables and i think im part time vegan because i eat salad once a week, but i just cant stand Rocket. it has this bitter weird taste to it. i got a salad box today from greggs and it had rocket in it, i took one bite and felt sick so i had to throw the rocket away

i mean this rocket btw. why do people eat this, it's so disgusting. people can be so pretentious sometimes

Scroll to see replies

I can't eat celery. :getmecoat:
Reply 2
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I can't eat celery. :getmecoat:

same!!!! my mum gets them and stir fry it with beef and tells me it's nutritious. celery is just solid water that's not ice
Reply 3
Sprouts :yucky:
I love rocket?! But I agree I don't eat it on it's own, I layer it in an overfilled bagel with Parma ham, mozzarella, egg and other stuff like that or I put it on a muffin with eggs Benedict on top :smile:
I hate rocket too!! Don't mind anything else in a salad but rocket just had a horrible taste- worst dinner of the week when my mum makes a pure rocket salad :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
This kills me every time :toofunny:
I can't stand rocket either, spinach on the other hand tastes great especially when you add it to sauces.
Original post by rosemondtan
I love rocket?! But I agree I don't eat it on it's own, I layer it in an overfilled bagel with Parma ham, mozzarella, egg and other stuff like that or I put it on a muffin with eggs Benedict on top :smile:

Jeez that sounds good!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take that back right now! I love rocket!
:lol: Plus it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
i only eat REAL MEAT, for REAL MEN
Original post by Tsunaomi
Jeez that sounds good!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, doing that takes out the weird peppery taste of rocket on its own and yet its flavour is strong enough to stand out amongst all the food :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
I can't stand rocket either, spinach on the other hand tastes great especially when you add it to sauces.

oh my god spinach is an amazing leaf, though when cooked it is super bitter and can ruin your taste buds :s-smilie:

Original post by nomnomnomm
i only eat REAL MEAT, for REAL MEN

Spoiler

Original post by nucdev
Sprouts :yucky:

Tut tut tut. Not good. I would think they would teach private school kids how to eat healthy vegetables :teehee:

Spoiler

Reply 15
Original post by ravioliyears
Tut tut tut. Not good. I would think they would teach private school kids how to eat vegetables :teehee:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
When mixed with tomato based sauces it stops being bitter for the most part:smile:
eugh no, i aint eating any of that fake sausage crap

piganus.jpg

andouillette (pig's anus) is the way for me :u:
Brussels sprouts chopped up and fried with bacon... Mmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
The only vegetable I like is chips

Quick Reply

Latest