The Student Room Group

I feel so terrible

I have been revising hours and hours on end all year 11, Achieving A*s in nearly every subject and my final exams have gone so terrible. Especially Maths Edexcel. Do GCSE's even matter? Btw I would like to be an mountaineer.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same
You still have time to practice for your exams so do it...PRACTICE is the best method of revising, take every exam as it comes rather than getting caught up in all of them, it'll just get you stressed
Keep going, this will all be over in no time. :h:
Reply 3
just dont run out of gas till the end. stop thinking of the effects ur grades r gonna have, whats the point, you dont know them for sure.
Original post by eternalhinch
You still have time to practice for your exams so do it...PRACTICE is the best method of revising, take every exam as it comes rather than getting caught up in all of them, it'll just get you stressed
Keep going, this will all be over in no time. :h:

I just feel so depressed :frown:
Original post by Stay.rad
same

Its the most horrible feeling!
Original post by Matthew.bryant

Don't you have come this far, just think of the 5 years of hard work and graft, work hard and it will pay off. Let your exams show how far you've come.
If you want to be a mountaineer why do you need GCSES? I'm just curious, am I missing something?
Original post by eternalhinch
Don't you have come this far, just think of the 5 years of hard work and graft, work hard and it will pay off. Let your exams show how far you've come.

I wish I could think like that, I have marked my paper with that unofficial mark scheme achieving 61/100. I have never got that low in a paper. That's my A* down the drain and to be fair an A. :frown:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
If you want to be a mountaineer why do you need GCSES? I'm just curious, am I missing something?

To get my apprenticeship until im 18. :smile:
I wish I could think like that, I have marked my paper with that unofficial mark scheme achieving 61/100. I have never got that low in a paper. That's my A* down the drain and to be fair an A. :frown:

Don't think like that. You need to reinforce a proper mindset, trust me it's easy to think negatively especially during exams anything around you can affect your mindset SO FAST it's crazy. Be in control of your emotions and just work hard to get as much marks as you can rather than focusing on the grade at this stage.
To get my apprenticeship until im 18. :smile:

Ah okay sorry, my bad.
You will be fine. There's nothing you can do about it now so try not to think about ti much. Just watch, you'll probably have passed them all. Remain optimistic, theres no point stressing now. Maths was pretty hard for everybody so they probably lowered the grade boundaries as well. Don't sweat it. Good luck x
You dont know what the results are yet. Many students worry and do better than they realise. In any event feeling bad does not help. You need to focus on your remaining exams. Dont ovethink it just focus. You can always resit. Go and watch a mountaineer film to relax and see how they overcome propblems (not ones where they all die).....
I have the same problem especially for maths. The unofficial mark scheme says I got no more than 40-45 marks. I'll be lucky to get a B with that let alone an A :frown:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Ah okay sorry, my bad.
You will be fine. There's nothing you can do about it now so try not to think about ti much. Just watch, you'll probably have passed them all. Remain optimistic, theres no point stressing now. Maths was pretty hard for everybody so they probably lowered the grade boundaries as well. Don't sweat it. Good luck x

Thanks for the support, lets just hope Edexcel are being reasonable with the grade boundaries.
Its the most horrible feeling!

Except that I haven't been achieving A* I've just been revising like my life depended on it, even 'sneaking' into the University library (I just walk in but like its cool). But yeah you're right it is the most terrible feeling. I absolutely did terribly today as well in my english literature exam but everyone in like the whole country is saying that they absolutely loved the paper. They'll most probably raise the grade boundaries and I won't be able to achieve an A in the exam unfortunately

I did the same thing for my AS Further Pure 1 exam (likely getting high B, when can easily get straight A*s in further maths), and felt properly depressed. It'll pass, don't worry.

Find that thing you love doing and do it for a bit: it'll help.

*hugs*
Original post by 999tigger
You dont know what the results are yet. Many students worry and do better than they realise. In any event feeling bad does not help. You need to focus on your remaining exams. Dont ovethink it just focus. You can always resit. Go and watch a mountaineer film to relax and see how they overcome propblems (not ones where they all die).....

Hopefully that is the case, I am watching one right now ahha :smile:
Original post by Anmol_.
I have the same problem especially for maths. The unofficial mark scheme says I got no more than 40-45 marks. I'll be lucky to get a B with that let alone an A :frown:

You will be fine; lets just smash this calculator paper. :smile:
I have been revising hours and hours on end all year 11, Achieving A*s in nearly every subject and my final exams have gone so terrible. Especially Maths Edexcel. Do GCSE's even matter? Btw I would like to be an mountaineer.

i know how you feel but keep working hard as GCSE'S do matter as you're more likely to get a good career if you have done good in your gcses.ALSO they determine what you study at A LEVEL,what sixthform you get into, unis will look at your gcse gradesBut it also depends on you as in a person who wants to become a mountaineer.i'm pretty sure gcse's are as important if you want to become a mountaineer.just keep calm as i am pretty sure you hav not done bad in any of your exams as you've been achieving A*S IN NEARLY EVERY SUBJECT.:smile:
good luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest