The Student Room Group

When can I apply for uni?

I am a 15-year-old boy from Scotland, and I am going into my fifth year of high school. My question is when can I apply for places at university? I understand you need to be 16, so is that the age you can apply for spaces?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
I am a 15-year-old boy from Scotland, and I am going into my fifth year of high school. My question is when can I apply for places at university? I understand you need to be 16, so is that the age you can apply for spaces?

Normally, you apply at 17/18 in the academic year before you go to uni.
Original post by claireestelle
Normally, you apply at 17/18 in the academic year before you go to uni.

I'm the youngest in the year so I'll be 16/17 if I apply for uni. I'm really excited for it but I want a good freshers week and what not.
I'm the youngest in the year so I'll be 16/17 if I apply for uni. I'm really excited for it but I want a good freshers week and what not.

Being younger might have an effect on your freshers as you might not be able to be at the SU, so consider whether that bothers you or not.
Original post by claireestelle
Being younger might have an effect on your freshers as you might not be able to be at the SU, so consider whether that bothers you or not.

It sucks because I honestly don't look or act like I'm younger haha. Suppose a gap year is always a great thing to do.
Reply 5
Your school should allocate a time probably around September to help u thru the process for uni thru UCAS...either in 5th/6th year depending on when u leave school for applying for the following academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It sucks because I honestly don't look or act like I'm younger haha. Suppose a gap year is always a great thing to do.

You don't need to take gap year.

There's more to university than just Freshers. And, in any case, there will be many Fresher's events that don't involve alcohol at all. And also for people who don't (or aren't allowed) to drink anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Going to university at 17 is normal in Scotland. You will be with your peers.
Original post by Bluebells60
Your school should allocate a time probably around September to help u thru the process for uni thru UCAS...either in 5th/6th year depending on when u leave school for applying for the following academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they do, thanks :smile:
Reply 9
It will fall into place then and I wouldn't worry age wise as you will still have freshens fun..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending