The Student Room Group

Can't get over getting rejected in year 8

Back when I was in year 8 I had a crush on someone for like almost a year, they were a popular pretty girl so me being an acne covered runt knew I didn't have a chance. However that didn't stop me trying to make conversation with them and checking them out a lot. Unfortunately they seemed to notice this little crush I had on them and decided to ask me out in front of a bunch of people which was obviously for some sort of joke. Luckily even at the age of 12 I wasn't stupid enough to humiliate myself so just nervously said no and denied liking her.

Although I avoided complete embarrassment that day, I still have some rather serious issues with relationships caused by this. I'm 18, my skins cleared up and I have noticed a lot of girls showing interest. However I've still never had a girlfriend not because I'm afraid of someone simply saying no but because I can't get the feeling out of my head that they may just burst out laughing and then take the piss out of me with all their friends.

Anyone else experience self esteem issues due to early rejection? Any advice on getting over it?
If someone says no, who cares? it not the end of the world,move on, you will find someone 100% better then all the other girls:smile: Even if you ask them out and still reject you, it shows the amount of courage you have and just brush it off. Being rejected isnt personal, she probably was hurt and has trust issues? I've reject guys since I find it hard to open my heart so its not on the guy.

I also found this on the internet'' Make a point to get rejected by women again and again. Don’t just go out and see if you get rejected by women, go out with the purpose of getting rejected. Make a game of it and see how many women you can approach and get rejected by in a night. Maybe even compete with a friend to make it more fun.'' which seems fun!:smile:

Good luck,you will find that special girl.
Original post by Anonymous
Back when I was in year 8 I had a crush on someone for like almost a year, they were a popular pretty girl so me being an acne covered runt knew I didn't have a chance. However that didn't stop me trying to make conversation with them and checking them out a lot. Unfortunately they seemed to notice this little crush I had on them and decided to ask me out in front of a bunch of people which was obviously for some sort of joke. Luckily even at the age of 12 I wasn't stupid enough to humiliate myself so just nervously said no and denied liking her.

Although I avoided complete embarrassment that day, I still have some rather serious issues with relationships caused by this. I'm 18, my skins cleared up and I have noticed a lot of girls showing interest. However I've still never had a girlfriend not because I'm afraid of someone simply saying no but because I can't get the feeling out of my head that they may just burst out laughing and then take the piss out of me with all their friends.

Anyone else experience self esteem issues due to early rejection? Any advice on getting over it?

what you must do is find them and hire a sports car (a lamborghini or a mclaren is the best bet) to showboat that you can afford to own this
that is going to help a lot to crush them as much as they crushed you and you get a chauffeured sports car for the day
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Just move on
You should get harder with time!
I've been rejected a number of times, including as early as Year 8 :tongue: and it's not fun or helpful, I'll give you that.

I can see how your insecurities might stem from that and you might find it difficult but.. I dunno, just try your best :redface:
Reply 5
You dealt with the year 8 situation like a complete boss. Fantastic. Not such a nice girl any way despite looks and popularity. Leave the past in the past and focus of getting a good gf now. Sorry to say though that blow outs are common and resilience is a vital skill in dating. But clear from what you say that you will succeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending