The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 1 (WCH01 )/ May 27 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EUSHA
how did you do that?

subtract the mr of anhydrous compound with hydrated compound and divide by 18 (mr of water)
Reply 261
what do you guys think will be the boundaries?
Original post by EUSHA
what do you guys think will be the boundaries?

Its probably gonna be high a f, i mean like 420 high
Original post by katenell
i wrote that the relative atomic mass for carbon is 12 is it correct

Some of my friends wrote that so maybe?
Im not even sure of my answer😨😨😱😰😰
Original post by Mimiastc
I said the main points I think but I rambled I don't think my handwriting or quality of writing was not too good 🙈 Do u think I will loose marks for quality ??

Only in the questions that had an * sign

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
subtract the mr of anhydrous compound with hydrated compound and divide by 18 (mr of water)

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Esmeralda T
My assumption was that C has Ar 12.0000.....

I wrote 12.0000 too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Smallest ion is Mg2+

What did you write in the simplest ionization thing with magnesium ??
Reply 268
Guys so what is the final, decided reforming question mcq answer?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 269
Original post by omar5478
What did you write in the simplest ionization thing with magnesium ??

Which question was that? I can't remember
Original post by wenogk
Which question was that? I can't remember

The answer is probably D (you can refer to a wikipedia link that I have posted a few pages ago.

I believe the magnesium thing was with the aluminium ionization energies questions .
Reply 271
Original post by omar5478
The answer is probably D (you can refer to a wikipedia link that I have posted a few pages ago.

I believe the magnesium thing was with the aluminium ionization energies questions .

Aww man :frown: All I knew when I did that question was that reforming forms cyclic compounds and I remember "+H2" in the equations that I learnt so I had a choice of A and B and I selected A. That question was like some general knowledge one cus it wasn't on the textbook/revision guide....

BTW the ans for the aluminium ionization thing is this, I searched for it:
Why is the fourth ionisation energy of aluminium so large?The electronic structure of aluminium is 1s22s22p63s23px1. The first three electrons to be removed are the three electrons in the 3p and 3s orbitals. Once they've gone, the fourth electron is removed from the 2p level - much closer to the nucleus, and only screened by the 1s2 (and to some extent the 2s2) electrons.
Original post by wenogk
Guys so what is the final, decided reforming question mcq answer?

I will say A coz that's what I selected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
Original post by Saad69
I will say A coz that's what I selected

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol me too, hopefully we are correct somehow
Original post by wenogk
Aww man :frown: All I knew when I did that question was that reforming forms cyclic compounds and I remember "+H2" in the equations that I learnt so I had a choice of A and B and I selected A. That question was like some general knowledge one cus it wasn't on the textbook/revision guide....

BTW the ans for the aluminium ionization thing is this, I searched for it:
Why is the fourth ionisation energy of aluminium so large?The electronic structure of aluminium is 1s22s22p63s23px1. The first three electrons to be removed are the three electrons in the 3p and 3s orbitals. Once they've gone, the fourth electron is removed from the 2p level - much closer to the nucleus, and only screened by the 1s2 (and to some extent the 2s2) electrons.

Exactly, I was pretty surprised to see that none of the options included an aromatic compound. Luckily, I read somewhere (one of the past papers if my memory serves right) that reforming converts straight chain alkanes into branched ones, so the obvious answer for me was D.

Yeah I said the same, closer to nucleus and less shielding.I made a comparison between them and the first two electrons as well.
Original post by Saad69
Only in the questions that had an * sign

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was carful with the questions with the * mark but the rest was rushed 🙈 Thanks so much!! Was really stressing , first time with edexcel board so wasn't sure for Chem..
I was carful with the questions with the * mark but the rest was rushed 🙈 Thanks so much!! Was really stressing , first time with edexcel board so wasn't sure for Chem..

Which one had *? I hope they don't make the boundries too high. I lost carless marks on MCQ. For the volume one I marked 150cm3. I marked 75cm3 first but looked at the moles again and multiplied it by 2. :frown:
Original post by Sunethra
Which one had *? I hope they don't make the boundries too high. I lost carless marks on MCQ. For the volume one I marked 150cm3. I marked 75cm3 first but looked at the moles again and multiplied it by 2. :frown:

Ahh dam.. Yeah multiple choice is my weak point cause I think I know the answer until i see all there's 😂😂 me to😱 Umm I think the second to last question had one , the one with bromine ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Ahh dam.. Yeah multiple choice is my weak point cause I think I know the answer until i see all there's 😂😂 me to😱 Umm I think the second to last question had one , the one with bromine ...

Did u tick 150cm3 too? I am new to edexcel too, I did IB and Cambridge before, eventhough I nevr did a legit exam with IB! oh that! what did u write for that? I said bromine form dipole ions with slightly positive and slightly negative. Then I explained that an electrophile is a positive therefore it can easily attack the alkene.
Original post by Sunethra
Did u tick 150cm3 too? I am new to edexcel too, I did IB and Cambridge before, eventhough I nevr did a legit exam with IB! oh that! what did u write for that? I said bromine form dipole ions with slightly positive and slightly negative. Then I explained that an electrophile is a positive therefore it can easily attack the alkene.

No i ticked 75 haha, but in the mcq i think i made lther silly mistakes ...Yeah thats like exactly what i said 👯🎉exept i think i went into way too much deatil about how the dipole is cause ie by bromine approaching electron rich pi ect but i think what u said is what they want! IB is sooooo much HARDER! Yeah i did cie too haha the problem is that edexcel are very specific if u look at there mark schemes.. So we will see haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending