The Student Room Group

What is your favourite subject and why

Mine has to be maths because you don't need to remember masses amount of content and it all just goes together in such a logical and nice way which makes it easy to remember for me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Biology because I love learning about animals, ecosystems and microbiological life forms. I especially love the field of virology :love:
geology because it's fascinating to learn about the Earth and its processes
Original post by jayokay

Geography because you get to learn interesting facts about population around the world and how natural hazards such as earthquakes and volcanoes occur
Maths. Is nice.
Geology apart from the masses of content you need to learn. Loved the variety of stuff I got to learn in it and how much more relevant geology is to a lot of things affecting people than I thought before I took it. Also is heavily related to some career choices I was interested in and my chosen degree choice (civil engineering).

Original post by jayokay

(edited 7 years ago)
Music because I'm pretty good at it and all my close friends take music with me :h:

But I also really love Chemistry because it's so interesting and something I actually enjoy learning:yep:
Psychology, I've been in love with it since about 14 and as of current it's the career I want to pursue.
Quizzing/general knowledge because it's more fun than any other subject and there are no exams as such for them :h: though plenty of quizzes to do!

Though if we're talking real subjects. Maths I suppose, specifically stats :u: (and teaching Maths :excited:)
Geography, especially the human part of it. Love to learn about the urban environments and tourism rn.
At the moment, I love Economics because you can see it all around you. The other day I was walking down the street thinking 'Oh, hey, McDonald's has a monopoly on burgers in this area and you can see that the other shops have food clustered around the same price but McDonald's is significantly cheaper'. Also, it's just more fun to revise.
Either Politics or History! Both enable me to learn about the most influential and significant figures of the past and present!
Reply 12
Physics because it's just so fascinating and I love learning about the laws of nature

Also no one mentioned physics so far so I thought I would

Posted from TSR Mobile
English. I've always loved reading and I've always loved writing. Getting qualifications for doing my favourite thing in the world four hours a week is a dream. There are some things I don't agree with, like in every subject, but on the whole I have an enormous interest in reading and writing, a great teacher and a thus a great time doing it!

And I'll be doing Lit (although possibly Lang depending on how things go) and Creative Writing in college, as well as an EPQ which I might write essays or stories or a half a book for.
Reply 14
Spanish because I just love languages in general :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by saladays
English. I've always loved reading and I've always loved writing. Getting qualifications for doing my favourite thing in the world four hours a week is a dream. There are some things I don't agree with, like in every subject, but on the whole I have an enormous interest in reading and writing, a great teacher and a thus a great time doing it!

And I'll be doing Lit (although possibly Lang depending on how things go) and Creative Writing in college, as well as an EPQ which I might write essays or stories or a half a book for.

How are your English exams going? :smile:
Reply 16
W
Original post by SeanFM
Quizzing/general knowledge because it's more fun than any other subject and there are no exams as such for them :h: though plenty of quizzes to do!

Though if we're talking real subjects. Maths I suppose, specifically stats :u: (and teaching Maths :excited:)

What is it that you like about maths?
Reply 17
I find that the content is usually interesting but I'm just not a fan of the essay writing!
Original post by Samii123
W

What is it that you like about maths?

'easy' in that if you get the answer right, that's it, perfectly possible to get 100 in an exam. Whereas people really struggle and stress (and rightly so) with things like English lit, etc, sometimes fun/useful.
Reply 19
Original post by SeanFM
'easy' in that if you get the answer right, that's it, perfectly possible to get 100 in an exam. Whereas people really struggle and stress (and rightly so) with things like English lit, etc, sometimes fun/useful.

Well I can see why you also enjoy quizzing!

Quick Reply

Latest