The Student Room Group

WJEC - AS Chemistry Unit 1 [New Spec] 27th May 2016

So.. How'd the exam go for you all?

I think I really messed up the calculations on that paper and the last two pages were pretty hard, there was a lot about pH as well.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Absolutely awful paper. Terrible week of exams. Particularly like the question on positrons as we hadn't covered it. Just about finished but didn't have time to check things.
Original post by Elljp33
Absolutely awful paper. Terrible week of exams. Particularly like the question on positrons as we hadn't covered it. Just about finished but didn't have time to check things.

Yeah, WJEC is really stepping up their game with the papers.. like the biology one i had yesterday was so hard too!
They really are trying to catch us out by wording the questions so weirdly T.T
Reply 3
[QUOTE=1DMinHoFTHongKi;65233405]Yeah, WJEC is really stepping up their game with the papers.. like the biology one i had yesterday was so hard too!
They really are trying to catch us out by wording the questions so weirdly T.T

Yeah I had biology too yesterday and that was just as bad. On the upside, no ones found them easy so we should still all get our predicted grades perhaps.
I thought it was awful too! There wasn't even enough time to properly attempt all the calculations so I rushed a lot at the end, just trying to get ecf if that's even a possibility? the only thing I liked was the QER
Yeah,they have really made it tough for us this year!!If we all feel the same way,hopefully the boundaries will be lower!!!
Found it's super tough, same with C2 maths and biology yesterday ! Praying for low grade boundaries otherwise I'm failing everything
Original post by RasputinReborn
Did anyone get a 1.2 pH for one of the calculation questions?

Yes I did! Hopefully I have got some marks then

Posted from TSR Mobile
I barely had time to finish the exam, so I've probably made stupid mistakes that I wasn't able to correct. Some people in my school had to leave out 10 marks or so because of timing. The QER was nice though. I reckon I've still got an A if the grade boundaries are low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
[QUOTE=RasputinReborn;65236491]Did anyone get a 1.2 pH for one of the calculation questions?
I did too❤️
Also what was the four marks for drawing hydrogen bonding about? I was very confused but made the ends dipoles and then put other molecules towards it with hydrogen bonds?? There wasn't much space to do it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RasputinReborn
For the relative atomic mass of Si, did you guys get anything in the region of say, 21?
I think my answer was like 21.04 or something like that

I had something along those lines it was definitely 21 something

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a tricky paper especially with some of the newer style calculations, but compared to biology this wasn't as bad. Don't know how to feel to be honest, WJEC is stepping up their game. Hoping the grade boundaries are low :/
The grade boundaries surely have to go down if everybody found it bad, they don't want lots of kids to do badly. The smartest kid in my year even though it was tough

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the value of x? Everyone I spoke to had different answers
Original post by lemonandlime1
What did everyone get for the value of x? Everyone I spoke to had different answers

I got 2, what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emskibump
I got 2, what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2 too :smile:
Original post by robinback
I got 2 too :smile:

Hopefully we are right then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emskibump
Hopefully we are right then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also had two!
I must say- I revised the most for Chemistry so I didn't find it toooo bad but it was a very long peper, I think I was the only one to finish the whole paper.. What % did everyone get as the % of Was it Si in the compount which was like 11.42g or something?

Quick Reply

Latest