The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature URGENT

For my gcse test i didnt talk about similarities and differences only similarities but i analysed it. Will i not be able to get at least 15 on the seen then? Please answer urgently
Reply 1
Don't worry, you'll be okay :smile: As long as you properly analysed the similarities, you can still get a high grade. You don't have to analyse both similarities and differences.

Is this for poetry?
Original post by rheaj44
Don't worry, you'll be okay :smile: As long as you properly analysed the similarities, you can still get a high grade. You don't have to analyse both similarities and differences.

Is this for poetry?

Yes it is. Another question i didn't talk about structure to support my points for the unseen only language. is that a problem aswell?
yes that's fine. and for the unseen and the seen, the mark scheme says language and OR structure so that'll be fine too :smile:
Original post by jazz_xox_
yes that's fine. and for the unseen and the seen, the mark scheme says language and OR structure so that'll be fine too :smile:

So you guys are sure that its okay to only talk about similarities for the seen?
Reply 5
Not a problem, especially for unseen as examiners won't be looking for indepth analysis for a poem you've never seen before, just valid points backed up with quotes. As long as you did language or structure you'll be fine.
Reply 6
dont worry - its not necessary to talk about differences within the poems to get really high grades. I only talked about similarities too - my teacher told me i could mention differences if it was important but not to worry if i didnt :smile:
which poems did you decide to analyse?
Original post by lou2471
dont worry - its not necessary to talk about differences within the poems to get really high grades. I only talked about similarities too - my teacher told me i could mention differences if it was important but not to worry if i didnt :smile:
which poems did you decide to analyse?

Poppies and Come on Come back
yes pretty sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending