The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 1 (WCH01 )/ May 27 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrBioBombastic
150 is totally wrong see cl was in excess it had 50cm^3 and h2 had 25 cm^3 so ratio was 1:1 and 25 cm^3 cl reacted product was 50 cm^3 and cl2 unreacted was 25 cm^3 so 50+25=75
haha lol

wait what question are u talking about? in first page OF Mcq's ?
Original post by Mimiastc
No i ticked 75 haha, but in the mcq i think i made lther silly mistakes ...Yeah thats like exactly what i said 👯🎉exept i think i went into way too much deatil about how the dipole is cause ie by bromine approaching electron rich pi ect but i think what u said is what they want! IB is sooooo much HARDER! Yeah i did cie too haha the problem is that edexcel are very specific if u look at there mark schemes.. So we will see haha

u r right
150 is totally wrong see cl was in excess it had 50cm^3 and h2 had 25 cm^3 so ratio was 1:1 and 25 cm^3 cl reacted product was 50 cm^3 and cl2 unreacted was 25 cm^3 so 50+25=75 haha lol
Original post by Arzam45
Did you get -2868.5 kJ/mol ?

i got that to!!
Original post by a.adi1998
wait what question are u talking about? in first page OF Mcq's ?

tbh I don't remember what did I eat yesterday how I will remember on what page it was lol
tbh I don't remember what did I eat yesterday how I will remember on what page it was lol

any expectaion for the grade boundries?

about the shale gas i said it increases they will can sepereated from each other by fractional distillation and then liquified then polymerised
Original post by Arzam45
Did you get -2868.5 kJ/mol ?

since i did this in the last minute the energy question i got the number of moles of c4h10 then i divided -593 by it i got like 0.268 moles
since i did this in the last minute the energy question i got the number of moles of c4h10 then i divided -593 by it i got like 0.268 moles

about the shale gas i said it increases as they can be sepearated by their boiling temprature and then liquified and polymerized

wait what was the mass of c4h10 2 grams right?
Original post by Mimiastc
I got a different answer too you so idk😂 definatly negative so a mark for that ( possibly a marks for answer , i could be wrong with mine ) and ur last one not sure about cant rememer method ..

in the one about enthalapy of combustion did they say to show ur work?
any expectaion for the grade boundries?

It was easier than jan 16 and it will be probably abt 68
what was the answer for what i the first process to obtain pure crystals
i answered filtration it correct
Reply 312
I do not think that it was easier than jan 16...lol.....😣
Reply 313
Is there any unofficial mark schemes out available for chem and phy unit 1 and unit 3...
Original post by jannz
Is there any unofficial mark schemes out available for chem and phy unit 1 and unit 3...

There aren't and I don't think there will be any
Original post by jannz
I do not think that it was easier than jan 16...lol.....😣

😢😢😢😢😢😢
68 is too damn high for an A grade no matter how the paoer was

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was easier than jan 16 and it will be probably abt 68

Definitely not easier,I solved jan 2016 the night of the exam and lost 2 marks in it while I think that I will lose about 5-8 in this one.
Original post by omar5478
Definitely not easier,I solved jan 2016 the night of the exam and lost 2 marks in it while I think that I will lose about 5-8 in this one.

Man u are so damn good at chemistry :redface:
Reply 319
Original post by wenogk
I AM SURE THIS IS MOST PROBABLY WRONG BUT THIS IS WHAT I DID.
The question asked about the polymers and I remember it said "Poly(ethene) relative to Poly(propene)" So since it said relative I guess we have to compare the two as its obvious it will increase.. The question data was something like this:
Methane-90% Ethane-0.6% Propane-0.4% Butane-0.4%

Since poly(ethene) can be formed only from ethane, propane and butane and not methane because it has only 1 carbon and cannot be cracked into a ethene molecule, the percentage of shale that could be used to make poly(ethene) would be 0.6%+ 0.4%+ 0.4% = 1% . So 1% of shale can be used to make poly(ethene).

Since poly(propene) can only be formed from propane and butane and not ethane and not methane, the percentage of shale that could be used to make poly(propene) will be 0.4% + 0.4% =0.8% .

Hence increased amounts of both polymers can be formed but more poly(ethene) is formed as 1% of shale can be used while 0.8% of shale can be used to make poly(propene)

Idk about this ans tho

i wrote something very similar but without calculations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending