The Student Room Group

Did I pick the wrong poem? AQA English Literature Conflict Unit 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahbarrow
Using a personal experience and inner monologue and speech, in both poems. How the structure of the poems present someone in a difficult time - such as enjambment. Contrast of rhyme and set line structure in Out of the Blue with difference in Poppies.The symbolism of a bird in both poems, but difference in meaning.The difference in the themes of the poems as Poppies is trying to relate whereas Out of the Blue is showing the disconnect between reader and speaker.That's all I can remember.What about you?

I wrote about the use of a metaphor in Poppies 'Gelled blackthorns of your hair' and how it was a religious connotation linking to when Jesus wore the Crown of blackthorns. I linked this to the use of personification in Out of the Blue. I wrote about the use of structural devices in both poems. Enjambment in Poppies and repetition in Out of the Blue to help exemplify the severity of the difficult times being described.However, I am not too keen that what wrote was exactly perceptive as I'm sure a lot of other people wrote similar things:frown:
Original post by RevisionGuide
I wrote about the use of a metaphor in Poppies 'Gelled blackthorns of your hair' and how it was a religious connotation linking to when Jesus wore the Crown of blackthorns. I linked this to the use of personification in Out of the Blue. I wrote about the use of structural devices in both poems. Enjambment in Poppies and repetition in Out of the Blue to help exemplify the severity of the difficult times being described.However, I am not too keen that what wrote was exactly perceptive as I'm sure a lot of other people wrote similar things:frown:

I haven't heard of many people comparing these two poems, but that sounds good. I am more confident with the stories anyway and find poetry harder but quite liked this question.
Original post by hannahbarrow
I haven't heard of many people comparing these two poems, but that sounds good. I am more confident with the stories anyway and find poetry harder but quite liked this question.

Me too:smile: Did you do AIC an OMAM AQA?
Original post by RevisionGuide
Me too:smile: Did you do AIC an OMAM AQA?

Nope, I did short stories anthology (sunlight on the grass) & Mr. Pip AQA.
I did Poppies and Come on, come back. Probably a stupid choice, why didn't I do out of the blue!? Did anyone else do come on, come back. I loved the Wilfred Owen poem though, I was literally grinning as I read it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending