The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tsunaomi
Omg your Facebook post came up on my Facebook feed hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did it actually!? Oh my that's insane ahahhaha it has over 50 shares now oh my
Original post by chloecam29
Did it actually!? Oh my that's insane ahahhaha it has over 50 shares now oh my

Like four of my friends shared it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tsunaomi
Like four of my friends shared it 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's crazy :") So cool that it reached you though ahahahah
That's crazy :") So cool that it reached you though ahahahah

It's very accurate 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dok6
Done Mrs Johnstone but thought the question was too specific , didn't even know what to say for against

ah you see, i did money and wrote about how if mrs j had money, she wouldn't have had to sacrifice her child & for counter i wrote how mrs l's main issue is lonliness, not money
Yea in hindsight i should have gave that question a chance, a wrote it off because i hadnt look over it and didnt know where to find quotes on it, i knew points but thought it would be difficult to explain, i think i done ok with mrs j, gave 2 very good points and 2 ok ones, should be enough still for an A overall hopefully!
Made this for today ahahah
CCEA English Lit Starter Pack:
13256000_1198410236892839_1167745283664190498_n.jpg

Just seen this on my Facebook as well, so relatable😂
Reply 307
Do ccea take the grade boundaries from EVERYONE who does english lit, or is it just the grade boundaries are found from the people who do the same unit?? Like would TKAM and LOTF have different grade boundaries??
Original post by RJM1802
Do ccea take the grade boundaries from EVERYONE who does english lit, or is it just the grade boundaries are found from the people who do the same unit?? Like would TKAM and LOTF have different grade boundaries??

I feel like it would be everyone who did English Lit would have a universal grade boundary, but if you find out for definite let me know:smile:
Is anyone doing English Language Unit 1 (higher) on the 1st June and Unit 2 (higher) on 7th June?
Pretty sure the English Lit boundaries are set, A* = 90% , A = 80% and so on.. at least that's what the CCEA website appeared to say
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Is anyone doing English Language Unit 1 (higher) on the 1st June and Unit 2 (higher) on 7th June?

Mee! 🙋🏼🙋🏼
Original post by laurenmck99
Pretty sure the English Lit boundaries are set, A* = 90% , A = 80% and so on.. at least that's what the CCEA website appeared to say

Do they not change every year depending on how people did? or is that only some subjects like sconce where the difficult changes, cus like the English exams don't really change considerably
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemnerd4life
Mee! 🙋🏼🙋🏼

Aghh how are you revising for it??
Do they not change every year depending on how people did? or is that only some subjects like sconce where the difficult changes, cus like the English exams don't really change considerably

The maths grades and other exams like that change, but I'm pretty sure the English grades are set
Original post by laurenmck99

Me
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Aghh how are you revising for it??

I'm not doing too much really, I never really know what to do. For multi modal I am going over different presentational and language devices and their effects. That's all I have done so far anyway😂
I would need to start lmaoo
Original post by Okdmd46
I would need to start lmaoo

Any tips? 😂
Any tips? 😂

I bought the english language revision book and its good for the second unit, havent looked at the first one yet but will tomarrow, only about £8 on amazon or there is a resource booklet similar to the book with tips and techniques on the ccea website under support materials!

Quick Reply