The Student Room Group

Police will search anti fascists for weapons at Dover rally

Its abou time they searched the fascists for weapons, but its unnecessary and humiliating to do it to the anti fascists too, who are just concerned citizens taking a stand against racism. The ones who do carry weapons are probably just in self defense, because they are justifiably afraid of the fascists being violent.

They also want anti fascists to uncover their faces, which will make them vulnerable to reprisals from the fascists.

http://www.dover-express.co.uk/Dover-protests-Police-search-far-right-anti/story-29328448-detail/story.html
Reply 1
Heard it all before. "Let's bring sticks and bottles because they're all a bunch of violent racist rapists", "I'm too scared to go home later, I want to bring a knife just in case one of them follows me home".

So called antifas are the most violent of all.

(edited 7 years ago)
I bet they're only going to check the blacks and Asians.
Nope it's completely understandable.
I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old son. When I discover my 6 year old doing something he shouldn't, his response is generally, "Well he (my youngest son) did it first."

Weapons of any sort are not acceptable in our society. Be they for aggression, self defence or just because the other lot have them. It matters not whether you are for or against fascism. It is still unacceptable.
I think the police should have the power to order protesters, all from both sides, to remove face coverings once any violence starts and face arrest if they don't comply.
Reply 6
Original post by caravaggio2
I think the police should have the power to order protesters, all from both sides, to remove face coverings once any violence starts and face arrest if they don't comply.

Agreed, I dislike the far-right and fascists as much as anyone else, but it's naive to think that it's only the far-right that gets violent at protests, just because they're against fascism, doesn't mean they're not capable of violence. The police are there to prevent violence and ensure a peaceful protest, not take sides and give one side preferential treatment, it would be absurd to allow one side weapons and not the other, regardless of how vile one side may be.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Its abou time they searched the fascists for weapons, but its unnecessary and humiliating to do it to the anti fascists too, who are just concerned citizens taking a stand against racism. The ones who do carry weapons are probably just in self defense, because they are justifiably afraid of the fascists being violent.

They also want anti fascists to uncover their faces, which will make them vulnerable to reprisals from the fascists.

http://www.dover-express.co.uk/Dover-protests-Police-search-far-right-anti/story-29328448-detail/story.html

I suppose you think the anti-Trump protestors are using violence and force against Trump supporters and the police in "self-defence" too?

It is perfectly legitimate and not at all humiliating for it to be done, we only have to look to America to see that tjese sorts of protests can easily turn violent; just because you disagree with somebody doesn't mean thst you should be able to assault them.
Original post by Jammy Duel
It is perfectly legitimate and not at all humiliating for it to be done, we only have to look to America to see that tjese sorts of protests can easily turn violent; just because you disagree with somebody doesn't mean thst you should be able to assault them.

*cough* Anti-Trump activists...
Original post by Dodgypirate
*cough* Anti-Trump activists...

Well done for not being able to read between the lines :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fully understandable
Reply 12

Tough ****, snowlake. The law applies to everybody, not just those with political views you personally disapprove of.
Police side with fascists. Nothing new here.
Original post by anarchism101

Not quite sure how it's siding with fascists, it's called doing their job which is to protect ALL citizens, no matter whether they agree with them or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ByEeek
Weapons of any sort are not acceptable in our society. Be they for aggression, self defence or just because the other lot have them. It matters not whether you are for or against fascism. It is still unacceptable.

Isn't that sad, that the country that has conquered the world, had colonies on every continent, now has turned into such pussies that they even consider having a knife as an unacceptable behaviour?
Original post by simon_g
Isn't that sad, that the country that has conquered the world, had colonies on every continent, now has turned into such pussies that they even consider having a knife as an unacceptable behaviour?

Isn't it sad that some people revel in the horrendous things Britain did in gaining its empire - the murder, the rape, the pillaging. But hey - if it is for king and country, that is all right. But if those savages try to come here and rape our women...

What on earth do you need a knife on the street for? Restaurants provide knives when you dine in!
Quite right. You see all the time how these "anti-facists" are nearly always the biggest menaces around. Remember when they turned up at Calais? They wrecked the place.

These Unite Against Facsism and Hope Not Hate Hooligans are utter scumbags and should be treated as such
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anarchism101

Did you even read the article? The heading literally says "police to search far-right and anti-fascists for weapons". They aren't selectively searching the supposed 'anti fascists'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending