The Student Room Group

Can you change sixth forms on the first week if you feel you made the wrong choice?

yh, lots of people come for like induction day or the first day then leave for another school, I'm not sure if that apply's for the whole week also you should have already applied to the other school and enrolled
Reply 2
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
yh, lots of people come for like induction day or the first day then leave for another school, I'm not sure if that apply's for the whole week also you should have already applied to the other school and enrolled

Thanks, I thought I was screwed
Yes, I know people who have done this.
It's usually fine, but make sure to apply for a few places if your not sure as then you can make your mind up closer to the time. That's what I'm personally doing anyway, but check with the specific school bevause they're all different.
idk if it's the same at other schools, but if you leave my school for sixth form and decide to go somewhere else, you can usually come back within the first few weeks or so :smile:
Someone joined our sixth form but left to return to his previous school's sixth form within a couple of weeks.
Reply 7
Original post by Matt_Hind
It's usually fine, but make sure to apply for a few places if your not sure as then you can make your mind up closer to the time. That's what I'm personally doing anyway, but check with the specific school bevause they're all different.

Thanks, I've applied to loads of schools in advance
i changed my sixth form 3 times in one month so yes , definitely
Original post by Sfhkh

If the sixth form doesn't suit yiu and you would work better somewhere else, you can probably make the change if you consult the sixth forms. Some people I know have even made the change after a year in sixth form, but they might have extra catch up work. As long as you feel comfortable and that you are working well, that's the most important thing :smile:
i knew someone who cam for a week then left once
Reply 11
Original post by furtherlearner
If the sixth form doesn't suit yiu and you would work better somewhere else, you can probably make the change if you consult the sixth forms. Some people I know have even made the change after a year in sixth form, but they might have extra catch up work. As long as you feel comfortable and that you are working well, that's the most important thing :smile:

Thanks, It's so hard to choose which sixth form to go to.

Quick Reply

Latest