The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RKtothesky
There's a saying 'Only time will tell' I'm on it, but I'm only doing it for a cause not for applause.

I will keep it low-key, so no negatives will be intended. ]
I feel guilty for posting the thread to begin with, but I only thought the public would support me with their own personal opinions, which has helped very little.

umm ok ur wish, ur will :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by XcitingStuart
It's adorable and sweet, endearing (maybe.)

@OP so who's the lucky person? :colone: PM me if you wish. :too nosy:

Ok, a serious reply: be honest, tell her and take the shot in the dark. You'll feel silly for not taking the opportunity while you had it and you'll end up regretting it. Even if she rejects the idea, at least you know the answer and get closure, right?

I don't risk, I think before I act. I've been though situations like these before but I collapsed due to poor thinking.
I don't risk, I think before I act. I've been though situations like these before but I collapsed due to poor thinking.

You think too much.

If you think, you become anxious by giving yourself more and more reasons not to. This affects confidence and your daily performance.
Reply 23
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Title makes no sense O_O

Yes, it does.
How do I go far in life, to catch a glimpse of success from it.
Yes, it does.

Are you serious?
Reply 25
Original post by Namita Gurung
Relax and go for it. I feel like you're thinking too hard into this.
Let things take their natural course.

I will go for it, but, in my heart, it seems it's too soon.
I want to lend a helping hand in her life, that's techinally how far I would love to go.
Looking at everything so far it seems even YOU don't know what you want so it's probably best to figure that out first ...
Reply 27
Yes, it does.

Wait what? you think that this TSR girl will bring you success? So you are going to use her… lol
So basically the first thing you have to do is respect her and things will just naturally develop for better or worse only you will know if you try. But tbh i'm acc confused of what you want out of this girl or why this thread has been created .. no hate just confused :/
(edited 7 years ago)
I want to lend a helping hand in her life, that's techinally how far I would love to go.

Then just do it. You're not asking her out. You're not proposing to her. Hell you're not thinking of her in a romantic way at all - you're just thinking of her as a friend and want to help her out as a friend. :hmpf:
Do what you want to do and what you feel as right. Be just the way you are - you don't need advice from other people. What you need is confidence in yourself. Don't think about 'what if' situations and if you're gonna mess up or not since it'll just put on unneeded stress.
Reply 29
Original post by XcitingStuart
You think too much.

If you think, you become anxious by giving yourself more and more reasons not to. This affects confidence and your daily performance.

That's true, but wouldn't I want to think about it before I perform my task, as I would want to give myself time to think about it positively, without having to perform it without the right mood-swing and regret an act I take?
Reply 30

This sounds as thou you are asking her out .. you're not so what's the problem if she likes you as a friend and you like her then what's the big deal with helping out a friend but again what does she need help with..?
Reply 31
Original post by tahsin360
Looking at everything so far it seems even YOU don't know what you want so it's probably best to figure that out first ...

Yes, I do. I want a perfect friendship, without having to cause issues within the process.
I want to treat her like a true 'brother-in-law' but I'm scared I will take it far to within a negative extent.
Reply 32
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Are you serious?

Yes, why would I be?
It's not a relationship I am looking far, only a secured friendship.
Reply 33
Original post by 123moon
Wait what? you think that this TSR girl will bring you success? So you are going to use her… lol
So basically the first thing you have to do is respect her and things will just naturally develop for better or worse only you will know if you try. But tbh i'm acc confused of what you want out of this girl or why this thread has been created .. no hate just confused :/

1) I want a genuine friendship out of her.
2) I created this thread for awareness, people go through it every-day, so wouldn't it be best to spread the word, so people feel confidence in a similar situation like mine?
Reply 34
Original post by Namita Gurung
Then just do it. You're not asking her out. You're not proposing to her. Hell you're not thinking of her in a romantic way at all - you're just thinking of her as a friend and want to help her out as a friend. :hmpf:
Do what you want to do and what you feel as right. Be just the way you are - you don't need advice from other people. What you need is confidence in yourself. Don't think about 'what if' situations and if you're gonna mess up or not since it'll just put on unneeded stress.

I'm going for it, but in small chunks at a time. What you stated, is more or less what I want from her.
Reply 35
1) I want a genuine friendship out of her.
2) I created this thread for awareness, people go through it every-day, so wouldn't it be best to spread the word, so people feel confidence in a similar situation like mine?

Do you mind if i ask how old you both are? It is cute that you want that but it is not anything new as many people are looking for that in someone and friendships are an everyday 'norm' and many people have friendship problems that are quite poignant that may really need awareness (social issues) but it is a nice thing to do does she know you have made this thread? Maybe she would appreciate how much you care for her (as a friend)
(edited 7 years ago)
Lmao wtf is that title
Reply 37
Original post by 123moon
Do you mind if i ask how old you both are? It is cute that you want that but it is not anything new as many people are looking for that in someone and friendships are an everyday 'norm' and many people have friendship problems that are quite poignant that may really need awareness (social issues) but it is a nice thing to do does she know you have made this thread? Maybe she would appreciate how much you care for her (as a friend)

I think she's 16 and I'm 17, only turned 17 a couple of months ago.
I don't think she knows I've made it. I don't feel like showing her it, but I will tell her about the situation, only very slowly.

I will state, in depth, how much I care about her.
Just ask to go have coffee at XYZ then progress from there then?
Reply 39
I think she's 16 and I'm 17, only turned 17 a couple of months ago.
I don't think she knows I've made it. I don't feel like showing her it, but I will tell her about the situation, only very slowly.

I will state, in depth, how much I care about her.

How did you guys meet? (sounds weird) but have you ever met up with her in person maybe that will strength your friendship (sorry if you have said you have before) She maybe a little busy atm with gcses so don't tell her now wait till the summer and plan to meet her somewhere nice but causal to hang out.

Latest

Trending

Trending