The Student Room Group

16yr old girl &mixed signals from her crush

i'm a girl getting mixed messages from this guy i've had a crush on for over a year now. I'll start from the beginning..
In year 8, everyone kept urging us to go out bc we're both blonde and"suited eachother" so we did but nothing really happened other than holding hands in pe,walking home together and mutually breaking up after two weeks. In year 10 i tried messaging him a couple of times but he blanked me. These past weeks we've had more contact - he followed me on instagram, i follwed him on snapchat. Whenever i like one of his pictures, he'll like one of mine back later, and we signed eachothers shirts on our last day of year 11. So, feeling brave, i messaged him again and he replied within the hour! I was so happy but then the responding time for him gradually got longrr and longer, he hasnt replied to my message which i sent at 3 yesterday, even though he has been messaging others since then. But in his messages he is kind and funny and asks me questions back, so is he interested but really forgetful or spends forever figuring out the right thing to say, or is he trying to shake me off bc im too needy?? Btw, i'd say he is pretty popular ( he's friends with most people but smokes weed and is slightly more subdued than his friends) but so am i (i have a good&friendly rep and got voted as prettiest girl in year 11). Could you give me some advice?
Reply 1
Ask to go out for food/drinks to see how he responds? Then you'll have a clear idea of his interest or disinterest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i was gonna ask him to prom? i dont think he's going with anyone, but this other guy asked me to go as friends, although he could go with the girl he likes?
Reply 3
Original post by SMEGGGY
Ask to go out for food/drinks to see how he responds? Then you'll have a clear idea of his interest or disinterest

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was gonna ask him to prom? i dont think he's going with anyone, but this other guy asked me to go as friends, although he could go with the girl he likes?
Reply 4
Original post by madchenblau

Ask him? Just a thought :wink:
He might be playing hard to get but like said, ask him out to go for food or cinema etc and his response will tell you everything.

Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, if he does give hints at liking you, maybe you two can hand out regularly and sort of build it from there. And asking him to prom is a great idea but make sure he hasn't agreed to go with someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending